Sign in to follow this  
Daniells Brandi

list resident edit notecard in my object

how can I make a list of people (one notecard) who have permission to edit a notecard (two notecard)contained in my object?

researched a lot about it and did not find anything

ty

I see my profile any more, I've been using my avatar with the problem that I can not see my profile ... I am using the SL Viewer .... I get a white page appears and I will always be prompted to login but I ... but even if I'm logged it again, do I have any insight on my profile page ... which is white ... but if I'm with another avatar einlogge viewer in the same, then everything is normal because ... beg urgent help lg Chiara

thanks Rolig Loon,  but even I put the person's name in the notecard, it can not issue another notecard inside the object, ever seen this in alguins objects

has 2 notecard
notecard1 (acess list) You put the list of names that can edit another notecard2

Sure you can.  Just be clear about what the name of each card is.  You have to specify the notecard's name in llGetNotecardLine.

I am not sure if I have properly understood what Daniells is trying to do, but I *think* he wants to have  two notecards in the prim, and control who can edit one of them by refeference to an access list on the other.

If  I am right about what he wants to do, I  don't that's possible.

ETA: There's a lengthy example at llAllowInventoryDrop to show (I think) how to have a list on a notecard of who can change the allowed inventory drop settings for a prim.   That might help, but I am not sure (and it seems very over-elaborate to me).

Oh.  That's not the way I understood it. I thought it was just a matter of controlling who is supposed to have llAllowInventoryDrop access to the object, to add a notecard.  Since you can also script the object to allow specific people to delete a notecard, that amounts to "editing" the content of whatever the card is.  You could even script it to delete any card that does not have the right name, and to delete a previous version of the card if it does.  In essence, you'd have an object that has an updatable notecard in it.