carry someone else tiny av like (cat)

Nala Spires

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

well i was axperimenting with few scripts i found for vehicles with no much success at least it was funny what i want to do is

to make some kind of a phantom vehicle that you can sit and the pet av sit and carry it in arms or shoulder etc  but i want to be able  as i sit and carry the invisible phantom vehicle with me  to be able to use my normal ao like i am not sitting is it even possible ?  the kitty is another av not just a prim pet thanks a lot in advance

You'll both need to be sitting on the vehicle to make that work. It's a fairly common situation used, for example, when one person using an animal or robot av wants to carry another person on her back.  At least some of your AO's normal animations will still be able to function, depending on what their priority is, but avatar movement will be handled by a control event in your script.  Take a look at later posts in  http://community.secondlife.com/t5/LSL-Library/Walking-through-walls/td-p/1390043 for one approach to having more than one person on a "vehicle"

• Like 1

The tricky part will be making it look as if the cat av is sitting in your arms.  She'll actually be sitting on the vehicle, so you'll have to use a high-priority animation to position your own arms in a holding pose and then arrange the cat's sit target so that it coincides with your arms.  It will take a bit of work and may mean working with an animator to create a custom anim if you can't find a reay-made one you like, but it would be a nice project.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.