Help, my feet are messed up :O

Wrath Warcliffe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you can don't wear the invisiprims, use an alpha layer instead they will look much better and you won't have that halo look.  Invisipirms are no longer supported and people that run the latest viewers with higher graphics see your feet sticking through your shoes.  If they are not separate from the shoes, but the shoes are mod, unlink them.  If they are no mod then contact the creator and ask nicely for a pair without the invisipirms. 

If you don't have a suitable alpha layer then search the MP,  THere are free ones there, including at least one pack that has a number of different sizes for just about any shoe or boot  you have,

Wrath Warcliffe wrote:

I have my shoe base on, i have 2 pairs of shoes, both have a shoe base, if i take my shoes off, the "halo" goes away, with or without my shoe base on.This happens with both pairs of shoes which leades me to believe its my shoes. These are all shoes from before the mesh based clothing came out.

Those shoes have ridiculously large invisiprims - an old way of hiding avatar body parts - for what they are. If they're modifiable you can shrink the invisiprims; if they aren't and it bothers you, there are a number of stores you can get almost identical shoes very inexpensively that won't have that problem.

Just to add that invisiprims are broken, and have been for a long time, for people who have deferred rendering (a.k.a. "lighting and shadows") turned on.

This means that invisiprims don't hide anything for people who are using higher graphics settings -- I'm not going to see your feet like that; I'm going to see the shoe base sticking out of the shoe prims, as if you weren't wearing invisiprims at all.

You really need alpha layers.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Just to add that invisiprims are broken, and have been for a long time, for people who have deferred rendering (a.k.a. "lighting and shadows") turned on.

This means that invisiprims don't hide anything for people who are using higher graphics settings -- I'm not going to see your feet like that; I'm going to see the shoe base sticking out of the shoe prims, as if you weren't wearing invisiprims at all.

Will an alpha layer hide an invisiprim?  My graphics card isn't quite good enough for me to accurately check this.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Will an alpha layer hide an invisiprim?  My graphics card isn't quite good enough for me to accurately check this.

I'm not sure I really understand the question.   

Alpha layers hide the avatar mesh and clothing layers -- which is what invisiprims are supposed to do.   If you're using deferred rendering, then invisiprims simply behave like any other prim that's set to full alpha -- that is, it's invisible but it doesn't hide anything.

But I don't really see how an alpha layer could hide a prim of any sort.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Innula Zenovka wrote:

I'm not sure I really understand the question.   

Alpha layers hide the avatar mesh and clothing layers -- which is what invisiprims are supposed to do.   If you're using deferred rendering, then invisiprims simply behave like any other prim that's set to full alpha -- that is, it's invisible but it doesn't hide anything.

But I don't really see how an alpha layer could hide a prim of any sort.

I think you answered my question, "But I don't really see how an alpha layer could hide a prim of any sort."

But in other words what I was asking was whether the alpha would hide Cover up)  the glitch you see with invisiprims?

I have some no mod shoes with invisiprims attached to them so I can do nothing with them.

And on a side note, there is one major turd of a major shoe vendor (I won't name names) who has been moving his invisiprim shoes over to his 'clearance' center.  I call that preying on the unsuspecting.  So be careful when you find 'discount' items for sale.

Hello Wrath, 

That's the old method of making feet dissapear when a creator creates shoes that do not fit everybodies feet they apply (prims around the shoes) that make any (PNG) textures seethru. You should be able to find a Transparency Sock you can wear. You wear these as socks and they basically hide your feet, 

Altho if the Invisible Prims are attached to your shoes and the shoes are not Mod you will always keep this problem. 

I have a collection of old shoes that use invisiprims.  My solution is to wear them with appropriate alpha masks.  

If l have "Lighting and shadows" checked in my graphics preferences, the invisiprims don't work, and my feet stick out.  If "Lighting and shadows" is un-checked, then the invisprims work as in the older viewers.  

But since my own graphics settings do not affect how others see me, and since SL feet are realy ugly poking through a shoe, I always wear an alpha mask when I wear one of my old shoes.  I had to make my own for some of my open toe pumps, most shoes and boots I choose from a freebie collection of alpha masks.  Then they look OK either way.  Shoes with no invisiprim work better either way, but the old ones are no worse than they ever were. 

Perrie Juran wrote:

And on a side note, there is one major turd of a major shoe vendor (I won't name names) who has been moving his invisiprim shoes over to his 'clearance' center.  I call that preying on the unsuspecting.  So be careful when you find 'discount' items for sale.

I would love to know who. Could you IM it to me here or in world? Reason: I love invisiprims and I don't care. :) 

Some of us still prefer the dino viewer and like things the way they were. Yeah, I know. I'm old school. That's how I roll. 

:D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.