Linden Lab employees misusing private user avatars ?

Olaf Demina

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Olaf Demina wrote:

I am married in SL with Dia E. and as I logged into SL today alone , I met my wife in BDSM play. I was upset and asked her what she 's doing here. Dia behaved oddly and was recently speaking Italian, though they usually can only speak dutch and a little German. Her voice in voice chat was completely different and male.

She said to me, things are not as it appears. She is not the right Dia, but an employee of Linden Lab, and she had just borrowed the avatar to control something.

If that 's the truth , Linden Lab then violated the trust of its users very seriously and it is a scandal. But maybe it was just another user who has hacked the account of Dia.

My question to all of you is: Have you already made similar experiences in SL, that other persons has captured your own avatar or the avatar of your friends?

I'm coming into this thread rather late, Olaf, but I hope the mystery has been solved for you by now.

If that 's the truth , Linden Lab then violated the trust of its users very seriously and it is a scandal. But maybe it was just another user who has hacked the account of Dia.

Or maybe Dia is a woman of many parts who you don't know very well, who has allowed another in her house to make use of her account.

Guessing and speculation is wrong.

If you know Dia well, you will know her well enough to have some contact with her outside of SL, and know that she must contact Linden Lab support to say her account has been compromised, as it appears it has been.  None of us can say whether or not an employee of Linden Lab would be stupid enough to make such a breach of trust, but for sure, if they did, they would be very soon an ex-employee of Linden Lab.

Qie Niangao wrote:

It's worrisome that so many have doubted this story and offered remedies for a compromised account and through all that not a single poster has berated the OP for missing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to engage in BDSM with a Linden.

Well sometimes dealing with Linden Lab can feel like having a BDSM experience all on its own.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Qie Niangao wrote:

It's worrisome that so many have doubted this story and offered remedies for a compromised account and through all that not a single poster has berated the OP for missing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to engage in BDSM with a Linden.

Well sometimes dealing with Linden Lab can feel like having a BDSM experience all on its own.

So um...

Can one of you please remind me what the safe word was?

:P

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Qie Niangao wrote:

So um...

Can one of you please remind me what the safe word was?

:P

I think it's Hippos!

Qie Niangao wrote:

Ok, Qie.  You owe me a Pepsi.

*Laughs uproariously while wiping off the monitor*

FWIW, I have a vague recollection of agreeing that one of the LL peeps could log in with one of my accounts for some reason that I've now completely forgotten.

So, despite having doubts about the voice and the chat element of it, certainly the LL employee logging in rings true but only the account holder knows if they gave permission or not.  If they didn't then they certainly do need to contact LL for clarification.

As for dealing with LL and kink, I've always thought that anyone who hangs around sl long term has a very deep streak of masochism.  Hey Ho

Faye Feldragonne wrote:

SL logged into my account to help me last summer, but it was done this way. 1. They sent me an email asking for that authorization. 2. They told me when they'd used it. 3. When they were done, they sent me another email.

So those pics of you at that place on Zindra with all those furries... that wasn't you?

:matte-motes-silly:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.