Mainland Replicating Attacks Ate My Dingo

Jopsy Pendragon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My home regions are crippled (one completely inaccessable now) by a nasty replicating attack ... one I reported it FIVE DAYS AGO.

LiveChat is absolutely no help.   Support Tickets go unanswered.   Abuse Reports just seem ignored.

Just how long is it taking for LL to mop up mainland replicating attacks these days?      They used to be on the ball 20-30 minutes after the first report!   Now, after several attempts to get help... it's been 5 days and not a peep. =(

VERY disappointed. =(

Dear Jopsy, please forgive me for chortling at the title of your thread.

Live Chat won't be able to help with an issue that needs to be dealt with by the department who deal with abuse reports. Abuse reports are the only way, but you have to word them with a bit of Ooomph, ie that the self-replicating stuff may well be affecting sim performance. Then they should come running a bit faster to clear up the mess.

Post the location here, maybe others will be able to come and back up your AR with some other ARs. The more the merrier, eh? :catvery-happy:

• 2 months later...

Hey Jopsy,

I'm in Rua, the neighbouring region, there's giant spinney megaprims and something spewing out disgusting pictures of a dead cat on fire in Sage, I noticed some of the dead cat ones over near your place too so I guess its the same attack.

Not sure what to do about it, I reported it a while ago too but it's all still there.

It's a bit of a shame, I only came back to SL recently and the first thing that happens is someone ruining it for everyone else. You can't really do anything when there's giant flickering shadows flashing across your screen constantly.

I think this is a fundamental problem with mainland SL, it's a shared space and it isn't adequately policed any more.

Hinkley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.