Mike Posner - Heaven (Dedicated Newtown School Victims )

Vryl Valkyrie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Melita Magic wrote:

It hasn't even been a week, and people are using it for political gain. I wish they would just let the nation (and world) mourn. This isn't the time for debates on any of it. There is no magical solution as people wish. I posted the video without comment for a reason.

This is a time for reflection, and people are doing it. There will always be people using tragedy for political gain, but sometimes people use it to move forward. I hope this is that time.

Nice video Melita .. It was avery Tragic event that occured in Newtown . When I watched CNN the other day and seen all those baby's faces. I cried a lot, and asked my self " How could anyone do such a hanus thing?" I knew the answer. It is a person who is mentally unstable and has been forgotten or tossed around thru the system to where they have had enough. However the politics in this situation is also tragic. And I do not think more gun control to remove weapons from us is going to fix it. I feel that, better resources for the mentally ill is way past due, and always put on the back burner. If anything needs to be done, I feel it should be to provide more resources for the mentally ill, make it better for the mentally ill, and if any gun control needs to be done I would say mental health background checks are needed, which are not being done.. If you take guns out of the hands of good people. You have no protection against the bad person whom ignores gun laws and laws in general...  My opinion of course. Removing guns will not stop anyone on a mission to kill a lot of people... There is bombs and other devastating ways to deliver a death blow. As we have witnessed with buss bombs etc in countries who have banned guns all together, (God help a country who has no guns to protect them selves in the event of an invasion from another country). ... There is nothing to stop a large truck loaded down with fuel to drive thru a school and blow up or even a movie theater.An Outdoor Concert even.. There is and will always be ways. We have to stop tossing the mentally ill thru the system because we do not know what or how to handle them.. Don't shoot me for my views. Just look at the reality of it.

All walks of life should have the same equal value

This is all extremely difficult to understand. How can people do such things? I think many people are seeking answers, and all the media and politicians want to do is exploit the children and the situation. Well, to me, I think some of the real answers are a topic that few news media stations will touch with a ten foot pole. I only bring this up because I also see a push for MORE medical intervention, but I think the current way that the medical community is handling people with mental problem is actually the whole problem. I think for many Amercans, it is hard to understand why we have so many of these events in our country, and this is a key point to address. 1 fact is, that we are the most medicated country in the world, and I feel this is definitely part of the problem, if not the whole problem. I have many links I could share, but I will post what I think is the most relevant and cuts to my point directly.

SSRI are anti-depressants and work in a very specific way. Many of the side affects are exactly the kinds of behaviors they are said to suppress. It doesn't make much sense to me. Here is a like of shool shooting events that have happened over the years and their links to SSRI drugs. http://ssristories.com/index.php?p=school

"Not" politicizing something is by its nature politicizing. It is a way of saying that what many feel should be done is not right. Silence is never the answer to crisis or tragedy, and least of all, to villainy.

This is exactly the right time to get hyper-political about it, and force all of those "leaders" to come to solutions before they can move on to some other issue.

For me, of late, this is the song that has been in mind in regards to this. A call for action and change.

World Cry - Sizzla Kalongi

Singing in 2011 about stopping all the killing of the children in gun violence, and the need for togetherness in Jah's love.

"World cry and the children die, they spend the money on the wars and the lies."
"World cry and the children die, and the parents been asking why?"
"World cry and the children die, they spend the money on the drugs and the lies."

I understand that some feel a need to pause in lamentation and ask how or why. But before our leaders can sneak off again with no answers, we need to keep attention on it and get some meaningful change out of them. It should be less about making us feel better, and more about making sure the next children are not gunned down.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.