Is there any kind of SL viewer for those of us with older/lower performance computers?

MotleyFan102

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm just a bit curious, but is there any kind of SL viewer that is more built for a lower performance or older computer? My desktop, which is only a year or so old runs SL quite well, but my laptop, which is quite a bit older (However, very top of the line in it's day) does not meet the current system requirements for the same viewer I have on my desktop. 

I really would like to have SL on the go with my laptop. So hopefully there is something like a viewer for older computers that runs well and still looks semi-okay.

(If there's not- I hope maybe SL/Linden will take note of a seperate viewer or something.)
Yes, I have tried putting all the graphics and settings on low and off and it still doesn't work right.

Back to my question- if anyone knows of any kind of older/low-perf. viewers- can you give me the link to it? ;)

I don't exactly know if this is the right info one would need but my lap-dino is

Windows XP Professional 2002

((Although the laptop itself was made in 2005 with XP Media Center Edition 2005. My dogs got ahold of that disc. -_- So Professional was second best.))

Service Pack 3
Genuine Intel (R) CPU
T2300 @ 1.66GHz
1.66GHz, 504 MB of RAM

Model: 
Dell Inspiron E1505, Media Direct lapdinosau- I mean- LAPTOP. Totally said Laptop.

5 answers to this question

Beside the option to try all kinds of third party viewers....

I want to warn you that no viewer can do a miracle. You can't get to run SL on a toaster. If the computer doesn't even meet the lowest of the lowest requirements you will have a less good experiance even with a viewer made for lower systems. Somewhere is always a cut-off line where things stop to be working.

• Like 1

I can run Singularity on my six year old laptop. There may be others that will work for you too. You are looking for a third party viewer based on 1.23 technology (no longer supported by LL or available for download ) .  The fewer bells and whistles the better off you will be. Be sure and find one that will also view mesh or there will be little joy in your adventure :D. Good luck.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.