Mesh is coming off of other users and attaching to me. No one else can see it. What's going on??

Mielikki Kobaleinen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been having an issue with mesh recently. It started a couple weeks ago at my boyfriend's place when I was using Second Life on my new laptop. A friend of mine standing near me, I noticed his mesh shirt looked messed up, and his eyes were following one of the sleeves. All of a sudden, the shirt jumps off of him and attaches to me, moving with my avatar's movements. This happens every time he wears that shirt and is nearby me.

I have photos of it here: When his shirt messed up

When his shirt attached to me 1

When his shirt attached to me 2

Just earlier today, a different user with a different mesh, this time a body mesh, his came off and was sitting on the fountain. Someone else was sitting in that area, and the mesh was moving with them. The avatar that the mesh belongs to is invisible in the area the mesh is supposed to be, exactly like it literally came off.

Here is a photo of that: Other "Haunted" Mesh

You can't see him, but he's in the back, behind one of what I assume is the leg.

If anyone needs my information, I copied this from Firestorm:

Firestorm 4.3.1 (31155) Dec 2 2012 00:45:37 (Firestorm-Release) with Havok support
Release Notes

You are at 168,519.0, 333,106.0, 3,401.2 in Skyward located at sim6435.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.11.6:13006)
Second Life Server 12.11.09.266804
Error fetching server release notes URL.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz (2294.84 MHz)
Memory: 6030 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: Intel
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.15.0010.2653
OpenGL Version: 3.3.0 - Build 8.15.10.2653

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/1.0.0d zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Vivox 2.1.3010.6270

Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: firestorm (grey)
Font Used: Deja Vu (96)
Draw distance: 256
Bandwidth: 500
LOD factor: 3
Built with MSVC version 1600
Packets Lost: 68/298,720 (0.0%)

EDIT: Yes, it does sometimes disappear when I zoom out, but as soon as I zoom back in, it comes right back. It also disappears when I move away a certain distance. I'll definitely take your advice, Echo Hermit. I might also try Phoenix and Exodus viewers to see if it also happens on those. More updates coming soon~

1 answer to this question

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Mielikki

That is quite likely the most peculiar thing I have seen lately in Second Life.  What happens when you pull your view away from your avatar and then back in again?

As no one else can see this happening, it's one of the optical illusions that can occur, rather than a bug.

There may be other responses, so please do keep checking back here.

Edited to add:

If this only happens to you when you use Firestorm viewer, you may want to consult also with the good people in the Phoenix/Firestorm group inworld.

You can add more information to your thread by clicking on "options" at the top right hand corner of your original post and "edit".

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.