Graphic Design Artist

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

One of my hobbies is graphic design and I love it.  I am most focused on making advirtisments like bilboards, pictures, profile pictures, logos, product advirtisment pictures. Im not very experienced with making textures for meshes, but am learning. I have been doing graphics design for a long time and would love to put my skills on Second Life. I would love to be hired by a company or a person.  I also get my work done efficently and to your full needs. :)

Also, my in game name is DustyOS. PM if your interested or post a reply. 

Thanks, Dusty

In REAL LIFE, a beginning graphic designer makes at least USD$20/hr (L$5000/hr).  I doubt you will find anyone willing to pay that in SL.  They want you to create a graphic for them and then they pay you L$250. (USD$1.00)

If you are truly a Commercial Artist, you wouldn't work for $1/hr, unless you are inexperienced and not really a *Designer*.

To your customers... They get what they pay for.

So a graphic designer who would love to be hired in game but not a single example of the work you do! Or link to your portfolio? I checked your profile, only photo I found is your profile one which looks uhm.. well not really as something a graphic desiger would have.

If what you say is true, then focus on advertising yourself and do the thing as it is supposed to be done. Noone half serious will waste time on you after checking your profile. 

I don't want to put my links here because its your thread and you are supposed to show off your work but, to give you an idea,  I post my work on Flickr, DeviantArt, Facebook, SLFeeds, run Flickr and Fb group and a webpage. In-game I have my main studio with gallery on one location and 3 satellite galleries on other locations, just to promote my business. And I sell my own pics in another gallery. 

Good luck Dusty:)

• Like 1

Well I really havent done any graphical design in Second Life before, so no, I dont have any work. Thanks for the advice though. Gimp and Photoshop are like a third arm for me and I know how to use them quite well. I will def going to have to make a couple images to prove my self. Ill most likley put them on Flickr or Tumblr. 

Thanks so much for the advice :)

• 2 weeks later...

You would really charge someone $1700L for that moprh I see in your "gallery"? The one where the face is clearly not blended, you've added a soften where it doesn't belong and you made it look like a literal paint by number gone terribly wrong? (and from my guess, that's a ripped photo you morphed it onto, a big no no)

I am all for trying new things, learning new skills, and promoting yourself while doing so. Everyone starts somewhere, and all of us start out at the bottom when first learing. But I would never believe, looking at those photos, you have any graphics experience at all, and I'm really surprised you presented yourself as such. You don't need sl experience to create a morph, or general graphics for that matter.

You need to work on your blending skills, a lot. Your prices aren't even remotely near where many what I would deem professional, photographers in sl charge. And they're very much worth it. You've a novice, you're still learning, and you haven't quite got a good grasp on post processing yet. You really ought to take those prices down to more reasonable rates. I am the last one to suggest someone sell themselves short. I also wouldn't normally tell people what to charge for their services. I can however easily see when someone is overselling themselves and their abilities.

Sorry to be so harsh but, you're not ready to run with the big dogs yet. You need to spend some more time on the porch first, before you get eaten alive.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

it depends... in real life im professional graphic designer and i charges for example 1 cover from 200 - 500 euros (depends in work) . This with -per hour - is not very trusted cause the client isnt in your home to see how many hours you really spend to do an illustration for example.. so is more trusted to not charge per hour but per file.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4107 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.