X,Y,Z-Coordinates gone from the 'Edit'-window

Pendji

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Pendji wrote:

So basically what the title says. I've lost the coordinates part of my 'Edit' window. They're just simply greyed out. I've toyed around with settings but they don't seem to come back. What causes this and how do i fix it?

I would simply wait it out. SL has been acting screwier than usual the last few days. If you are patient, some day, maybe even later today, the coordinates shall return.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Wynn Wrentling wrote:

Hi everyone!   
:)

I have the opposite problem:  i don't know what I did to make these X.Y.Z. coordinates appear---how do I clear them?  This simpleton would appreciate any help----thanks in advance   
:)

Hi Wynn,

The XYZ coordinates will be greyed out, or not visible at all, on things you can't edit, and they're visible and changeable on things you can. You don't want to clear those coordinates (by "clear" I'm going to presume 0,0,0) because that will throw the object to the corner (I don't recall which one) of the sim, below sea level (where I found a few of my fireplaces in my early days trying to decorate my home in SL ;-) Those coordinates indicate the position of the object you are editing on the sim. If you are editing an attachment while it's attached, the coordinates mark the offset from the attachment point to the attached object. The same holds for the XYZ rotations. For objects on sims, those rotational offsets are from the default new prim orientation, for attachments, it's the rotation relative to the orientation of the attachment point.

I'm not in world to verify this, but I think the coordinate boxes don't appear at all if you attempt to edit something you don't own and haven't got edit rights for (given by the owner). The coordinate boxes will be visible but greyed out on things you own, but are no mod or locked, and the boxes will be visible and editable on things you can edit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.