building / scripting / rezzing question

AnthonyMann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just made a really nice build that includes two hot tubs. The hot tub scripts are on two different channels. It was all packed up into a Casper Rezz-Free box. The entire build rezzes properly, with each peice rezzing over the rezz-free box and then moving into position. The problem is that the water from the hot tubs stays over the box and doesn't move to the hot tubs.

The water prim itself is inside the hot tub, and rezzes when the tub rezzes (but then stays behind when the tub moves into it's position in the build).

The question....is this a script fix in the hot tub script, the water script, or do I need to rezz the water separately with the Rezz-Free tracker script? Or is there something else I'm not seeing? Any other workarounds would be appreciated.

3 answers to this question

You should join the caspertech group and ask there, it's one of the most supportive groups I have ever been in, and it's full of tech savvy people that have used caspertech products for years. Go ahead and join it, and your problem will most likely be solved instantly instead of asking people here whom may not use it at all ;)

• Like 1

Two things that occur to me as possible causes, in no particular order, are that 

• You may not properly have recorded the water's final position when you packed the build, or
  • The water may be trying to rez with its centre point underground for some reason (if you've sliced the prim, that's very possible).

My workround would be to rez the water from the tub, not the box.   I am not wholly convinced water prims need to be separate from the tub in all cases -- that's only an issue, it seems to me, if you want to have phantom water and to detect collisions with it.   Otherwise, I don't really see the argument against having linked water.   If you want people to be able to move round in it, then make it PRIM_PHYSICS_SHAPE_NONE or, if you don't, then your animations can put people in the solid water.   But if you do need to rez it, consider rezing it from the hot tub itself, once that is positioned.

If you make it PRIM_PHYSICS_SHAPE_NONE, be aware that this puts you into the mesh accounting system, which may cause issues.

But first, check that the water prim does, in fact, have the right coordinates at which to rez and, if it does, that these don't put it with the prim's centre underground.   

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.