So about this adoption thing....

Jagdish Indiawood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3208 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Alright, so I've been through a bunch of different scenes/roleplaying themes that are popular in sl and now I'm thinking I want to be apart of a family and family rp. Now I'm looking to be a kid (well more so a teenager) but I'm not sure how to go about doing so. I know that you can just go to a sl adoption agency but how do you know what you're getting in the people that you match up with? Like...I'd like to have a room and know kinda what the people expect of me and for them to know what I expect of them.
So this is partially a post to find a family and a thread to get suggestions as to how to I can better the finding a family process for myself.

Ideas....

As a mother of 5 adopted children I can honestly say that with SL adoption centres especially MAW and Next Generation the process for adoption takes place by both the child and potential parent filling out and reading NC's on each other of basic information where each party can point out things about them and what their looking for. Read the profile of the other party as well and if the other person is to your liking or seems to be a match you then enter a trial with them. That trial is designed to allow both parties to get to know each other to ask questions etc...if it works out your adoption is completed...either by finishing the trial 14 days or if you resign your panels early. Use the trial to really get to know the people your with parents and siblings...if during the trial the family are not for you be honest and head back to your panel and end the trial and look for another parent/family

Good luck :)

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3208 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.