Downloaded/installed SL Viewer and cannot log in... viewer closes itself before logging in....

anastasiaeve

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I downloaded and installed SL and SL Viewer... I created a username/password. I have Windows 7. I tried to log into the SL Viewer with my username and after about a minute the whole viewer just shuts down automatically. It says "Your clothing is still loading" and there are pink splotches on the screen, then it just shuts off. Please help?? 

1 answer to this question

What kind of computer are you using, and what graphics card does it have?  The symptoms you describe are scary.  They sound exactly like what my old underpowered laptop used to do when I would try to get into SL on it, years ago.  It would let me stay in world for no more than a couple of minutes, with blotchy colors on the screen, and then crash.  Overheating will do that, and it will also destroy your graphics card and other expensive parts of your computer if you keep forcing it.   If you are working on a laptop or notebook that was never designed to handle the heavy graphics load that SL throws at it, there's no solution.  If you are on a heftier computer, open it up and use a can of air to blow out any dust bunnies and cat hair.  Check to be sure the fans are spinning freeely and that you temperature monitor program is turned on.  If you don't have a temperature monitor program, look for a free one on the Internet.

To add important information to your question -- like telling us about your computer -- click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT. Please do NOT start a new thread.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4146 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.