You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2988 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

People have been killing each other since Cain and Abel, the first two children. Nothing's new, it's human nature. The killer, Cain, was the one who went on to populate the world. People get killed everyday, not all of them make the headlines though.

Sad but true.

So, what kind of world are we living in? Depending on where on the world you live, it is either a really great one or a pretty scary one and all the inbetweens, just like it's always been.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warning long post ahead ...

lol if killing one another is just human nature then why are we punished for what comes natrually?  Is more the way we live is against human nature and the flow on effect of the un-natrual stressors we have to deal with day to day that causes the killing.  We not designed to deal with un-natrual stressors, in response we will do anything to end the stressor or direct actions towards something we assume will make us feel better and relieve the stress.  Unfortunately..its the system and ways of the modern life that is the stressor..one we are told we are powerless to change ..just accept it as if its 'ment' to be this way.

Your not ment to be debt free, your not ment to be happy..your not ment to be 'free', your not ment to make alot of money..the system depends on all these things for control of you  keep you wanting, in need....ish the world we live in..or rather the world we struggle to survive in ...but who said its the world we have to accept?..wasnt technology and progress ment to make our lives better?...has it??...and what about morals and values??  where have they gone are they just things of the past now not accepted in the modern world?..seems so.  But how did it get this far..how did they do it?.  Through the education system and religous fear, through the TV, through music, through false history, lies portrade as truths in the media.  We eat foods full of toxic chemicals..we put substances on our bodies that contain extremely harmful contents..all without a second thought.....wow.

Remember conflict arises from the desire to control and have power over another..by force.  Its the you are below me mindset and the i have to be better than you consept of the competitive system...one that really has no positives for anyone or anything because it breeds hatered, jealousy, corruption, war, murder, disease..in short any organisum that is at war with it self such as human beings...is doomed to failure.  Its a consumer system where if it makes you money and dont kill people straight away...its fine to sell for consumption ..the more ruthless you are in your drive, they more successful and respected you will be....yes we are viewed as nothing but cattle..yes you rent your life away when you are employed, stuck in an endless cycle while told you are free to live the way you want xD...bs.  When people wake up and realise this...some react in a very unpredictable way...such as murder..lashing out at who ever they can, not nice to know the truth, and yes some cant handle or know how to deal with it...they never been taught how except with violence, just look on the TV and on the video games your kids play..violence (force) and killing is entertainment and the answer to all problems...monkey see..monkey do.

Try looking and listerning with your heart not your mind...your mind is being tampered with and betrays you...and you dont even know it, and if its bought to your attention...you will denie it as your ment to.

lets hope 21/12/2012 is the awakening and enlightenment of humankind..and a pull away from the wealth over health system that is in place atm..

I didn't say we had to accept it, all I said is that all the killings are nothing new, the world isn't getting worse. We should not accept it and we should try to make the world better. 

Killings of innocents are never good, but we shouldn't despair and think oh no the world is getting worse.

Why are we punished for what comes naturally? Because it is wrong. That is why laws exist, because what comes naturally to many is not good for others. If it were not natural, then we wouldn't need rules, laws, and punishment.

The random act of murder or theft would be a rare anomaly and not an epidemic.

If you were ever a child, you may have done something wrong, without even intending to do wrong, it was just in your nature as a child. You had to be reprimanded and taught what is right. Most persons start out as children and are in a constant state of growth.

If it were not human nature to do wrong, then children could exist with minimal supervision, as we could depend on them not to hurt themselves and others. We should probably feed them and stuff though, they kinda need help with that.

That is why some jurisdictions punish children less severely than they do adults, because it is understood that children may not have been taught or yet grasped the severity of what wrong doing is.

Adults though are expected to have figured that out by a certain age. Some choose at that point to do wrong anyways, some unfortunately are mentally damaged or incapable of understanding.

valerie Inshan wrote:

Melita, who wants yo livr in such a world? I dont know about others but I I am wondering. What is is this world? :smileysad:

*hugs* It's very depressing and frightening to think about and when inexplicable things like this happen. I still believe most people are good. Most people feel the way you and I are feeling right now. In an odd way, that gives me hope. 

Every day each one of us decides for good or for evil...most decide for good...thank heavens. There is still much that is bright and beautiful to be found, and we'd miss it were we not here. That is my feeling on that.

Melita, I'm replying to you because I agree with what you said, but in many ways this is a response to Helm, so I'm kind of backing up Charolotte's direct response as well.

Evil happens. Those of us who are not evil and do not appreciate it wish it did not happen, but it does.

My personal outlook says that as humans in general, we've improved. In almost every culture I look at I see a reduction of brutality and cruelty compared to the way things were in history. My culture is the one I know most about: Western Civilization, for want of a better definition. A few, and only a few, hundred years ago my culture had no problem using 'dunking' to test for witchcraft. The putative witch was dropped into the water: if she floated she was clearly a witch. If she sank, she was not. Drowned, maybe, but not a witch. Criminals for certain offenses were drawn and quartered. "Quartered" as in dividing a person into four pieces. While said person was alive.

We don't do things like that any more, at least not with government approval. In some other cultures, things almost as bad as that are still accepted by some, but in almost all of those cultures a large and growing groundswell is moving to eradicate such practices.

We humans have a list of faults as long as your arm. I personally believe—not just because I want to but because history backs me up—that we are, however slowly, getting better.

i agree with all you said

+

like you say history shows we getting better

sometimes we still regress into barbaric ways but the time periods/lengths we do are getting shorter and shorter. and the numbers of people acting as groups in this way are getting smaller and smaller

+

i think it have lots to do with more info available to us as ordinary people. like is far less control now over what we can see and hear. institution wise. is something we demand for ourselves these days. we want more than the right to know. we want to actual know as well. we resist more and more now authority figures/institutions who try stop us from knowing

bc we just ordinary then we know what is basic evil and what is not. like is not a complication or mind game or intellectual exercise for us. bc we understand it in a simple straightforward way then we try not to do ourselves and resist/fight back against them who do

also by exposing the groups and resist them then they break down. the groups. and the evil ones get isolated. they got less and less places to hide in and disguise themself

+

will always be lone nutters tho. most of them are actual mental. like is something wrong in their head. is lots of work going into understand why that is. what is the cause and what is the remedies. is still long way to go on that as well. but we getting there i think

16 wrote:

(:

+

you can know that if the end times come then you will be last to go

so you will have like nearly 24 hours to come up with your escape plan (:

Excuse the slight necropost but I didn't want to start a new one this late in the game. RE: the end of the world. I won't have that 24 hour head start you mentioned: the Mayans lived at UTC-6, and I'm at UTC-8. What happens will happen at the same time for all of us. Mayans didn't know nor care about any artificial things like the International Date Line. They were Mayans, they operated on Mayan time, their calendar operates on Mayan time.

For me, the supposedly precisely calculated time will be a bit after three in the morning. So unless I summon the will to stay up to watch the end of the world (unlikely) if it does happen I'll go in my sleep.

I'll see you all on the other side.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

16 wrote:

(:

+

you can know that if the end times come then you will be last to go

so you will have like nearly 24 hours to come up with your escape plan (:

Excuse the slight necropost but I didn't want to start a new one this late in the game. RE: the end of the world. I won't have that 24 hour head start you mentioned: the Mayans lived at UTC-6, and I'm at UTC-8. What happens will happen at the same time for all of us. Mayans didn't know nor care about any artificial things like the International Date Line. They were Mayans, they operated on Mayan time, their calendar operates on Mayan time.

For me, the supposedly precisely calculated time will be a bit after three in the morning. So unless I summon the will to stay up to watch the end of the world (unlikely) if it does happen I'll go in my sleep.

I'll see you all on the other side.

i am necro the necro (:

+

the world actual did end you know. well nearly anyways. i get swept up to heaven when it start to happen

was quite a nice build in heaven. lots of white and pastel colours and all like fluffy and that

was nobody there tho. just me. so i explore a bit and maybe will be some other people other places but nah! cant find anyone

so anyways after a bit i find this big throne thingy. it have big sign that said: "Do Not Sit Here If This Do Not Belong To You" so i go ummm! ok and i sit just to see what happen. was this kinda lullaby harp sounds and stars and rainbow thingys came out. so that was pretty cool. and it say: Welcome Home. you been away a long time. i go tnks(: and it say yw

so anyways more. i start to random click the buttons on the throne arm. bc i forgot how it works seems like. being away so long. was this quite cool camera thingy so i start zoom it round bc i am nosey like that

i zoom down and see the whole world like blowing up and stuff. so i click some more and was this button that say "Glue The World Back Together". so i click and was this big stream of phantomy stuff squirt out like a big hose and stick it all back together. so that was good

i explore a bit more after that but i get a bit bored. so i find the teleporter and came back

is lucky for everyone that i i get swept up at my own time first. bc like if i had got swept up last then everyone probably would of got wasted before i get back to heaven

+

is why you can see everyone now same as yesterday and why you get a good sleep as well. bc i cam you just to make sure before i teleport back. well you seemed like you was having a good sleep bc you was snoring

like what happens sometimes when you fall asleep after being read a fairytale with a happy ending

(:

16 wrote:

is lucky for everyone that i i get swept up at my own time first. bc like if i had got swept up last then everyone probably would of got wasted before i get back to heaven

+

is why you can see everyone now same as yesterday and why you get a good sleep as well. bc i cam you just to make sure before i teleport back. well you seemed like you was having a good sleep bc you was snoring

like what happens sometimes when you fall asleep after being read a fairytale with a happy ending

(:

Well, thank you for so graciously re-assembling the world, then. We're all quite grateful. You're mistaken about that last thing, though: I do NOT snore. You probably heard my neighbor's leaf-blower or something.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Well, thank you for so graciously re-assembling the world, then. We're all quite grateful. You're mistaken about that last thing, though: I do NOT snore. You probably heard my neighbor's leaf-blower or something.

yw (:

+

could of been that your neighbour got woken up themselves by some other loud noise at 3:30am. so they thought oh! well now that I am awake might as well do some jobs. is not like anyone going to hear me anyways over that other loud noise

might not of been that tho. might have been something else like you say. I defo check better next. in about 5200 years (:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2988 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.