You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2839 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recently I have not been able to rez anything in my skybox. It says : Can't rez object  because the owner of this land does not allow it.  Use the land tool to see land ownership. Im part of the rental group and I was able to set my "home" destination but apparently it doesn't recognize it. My question is how do I wear a tag. Is it something that I need to drag over to my avatar?  Thanks

~Rachael~

Howdy, Miss Rachael

Depending on the viewer you're using, right click yourself and select the "Groups" option.  You will get a listing of all the groups you are part of.  Select the group that is your land group and click "Activate."  The tag above your head will change to reflect which group you have active.  

You will always need to have your land group active to be able to rez/build in your skybox. :)

Only stupid question is the one you dont' ask. Go to the "People" menu, go to the "Groups" tab and you'll see a list of the groups you're in. Select the group that you need to belong to and click on the buttion with a check mark at the bottom of the menu panel. - that will make it your "active group."

You might not have things set up to see the group tags. If you go to "Preferences" - "General" there'll be a box for "Group Titles." If you select it you'll always see what people's active group is, including your own.

Rachael777 wrote:

Ahhh, right click on the avatar:matte-motes-wink-tongue:   I never tried that. thank you all for your help
:)

Right click is your friend in Second Life. Right click avatars objects and land to get more options.

Good luck :matte-motes-big-grin-evil:

there is also another reason you cant rezz......part of your skybox overlaps over you neighbors land and your standing in the part. just move to a to one side. I know the boxes are supposed to rez only over your land (the auto sizing ones are) but they dont i have had problems with this several times. i always just move

wiked Anton wrote:

...I know the boxes are supposed to rez only over your land (the auto sizing ones are) but they dont i have had problems with this several times. i always just move

Actually this is not the case.  They will rez anyplace you are allowed to rez.  So if your neighbor doesn't have rezzing and object entry restricted they will rez out your building.  The other time this happens is if the center of the object or linked set is on your land and just sticks out over the property line.

When rezzing a skybox the best way to do that is to rez it on the ground and check to be sure it all is within the property or move it if not.  Then derez, sit on the box, click on the rez box, go to EDIT > Object Tab and in the position Z box type in how high you want the skybox to be.  It will zoom up that high with you on it.  Then all you have to do is rez it and you know you are within your boundary lines.

Whenever I get new land, I sit at ground and build a platform to the exact boundaries of my land, and then move that platform into the sky way up above 2500m - whever I can find a spot where no neighbors are using the sky within 100m (so I don't mess up anyone's view), unless one of them has a similar platform, then I go nearish that.

From NCI, you can get a texture that's a grid:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Kuula/54/133/28

Screen Shot 2012-12-09 at 11.27.19 PM.png

Click on "Tools"

Put this on any prim and set the texture to planar with a 0.1 repeats per meter, and it becomes a perfect measurement tool.

- That platform can now be moved up and down through your land to instantly know if somebody else is building on your land, or you're building on somebody else's. :)

When at ground, you can use World -> Show -> Land Owners to find out where you land is, when building that platform to begin with. The boundaries are ALWAYS whole numbers divisible by 4. Your land is green, land of a group you are in is blue. Red is somebody else, yellow is for sale.

Screen Shot 2012-12-09 at 11.32.38 PM.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2839 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.