Looking to meet potential partners or friends?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I hear so many of my friends express that they find it hard to meet nice, committed folks lately. I started a Yahoo Group in hope that it might help to bring mature people together in SL. Here is the description of the group:

A group for mature people who are looking for potential partners or friends in the virtual world of Second Life. Please be respectful of one another at all times. We have folks from all walks of life and they all deserve respect. Once you feel you have met someone you would like to get to know better, please take it inworld. 
Have fun and happy friend finding!

The link to join is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slsingles/ .

Why would you make a yahoo group when you can have groups within SL? I was interested, but quite frankly, I and most everyone else wants what happens in SL to stay in SL. There'd be much more people willing to join a group in SL than an outside source if only for convenience sake.

Good luck in your endavor though.

Good points about a SL Group. I don't know if there are singles groups in SL or not. I don't log on this avatar much, I was making the Yahoo Group to help folks I've heard struggling. They keep talking about AVMatch and how they don't care for it. I'm married in RL and not looking for an SL relationship. I don't log Millie in enough to feel that I would be the right person to start a group in-world. So, I thought I'd try the Yahoo Group.

I was hoping folks could join the Yahoo Group, chat a bit there and then friend eachother in SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.