Account is Broken?

NyxLight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Recently, my account for the past 2 months has not been able to TP, attach skins/shapes/tattoos/clothing textures unless I had JUST relogged. Now I know this issue is not my internet. I have logged in from a different computer and net providor. It still had issues. Why is SL doing this? What can I do to fix my account? I have too much money invested into this avatar to simply "move over and quit" to an alt.

I've also have recieved the NC greifing spam. It lags me some, but nothing drastic. Any advice?

((I sent a support ticket. No help there.))

2 answers to this question

Clear your cache.

Relog into a very quiet location by changing the start location on your log in screen to Furball or Quarrel, and WAIT while your inventory fully loads before you do anything else.

This issue happens to a lot of us, even ones like me who have been in SL for five years, and often is down to slight interruptions in broadband service, and flitting between viewers makes the issue worse.

Clearing your cache will help bring all your avatar's details back together again from the servers.

Be patient, follow the above instructions, all will be well.

You really give us scant information to go upon.  And I mean this nicely, while YOU may know there is nothing wrong with your Computer or your Internet, WE don't know that.  And often times with Second Life, the 'devil is in the details.'  So it could be a very simple setting in your Viewer or it could be a more complex issue.

Here are links to two pages with trouble shooting hints.  Please read and follow the directions carefully.  The information on these pages applies to ALL viewers.  For instance the problem in your situation could be as simple as having the maximum band width set wrong in your Viewer. 

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/speedtest

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_bake_fail

If none of the solutions suggested in these pages help you, then you will need to provide us more information about your system and connection.  You can edit your original post to add the information from your Viewer that you will find in Help/About.  Copy and paste the info here.  And also your results from speedtest.net and pingtest.net.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.