LostDog Designs Return

Ben Stravinsky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,  I've just come back to SL from taking a couple years off.

I used to own a small outfit that sold a few things, and I'm looking to generate some spending money again.

I sold my sims when I left, removed all my SLX items (as it was then) and vanished.

I would like someone to host a store for me on their existing business site for FREE. In return, I will generate more customers for yourselves, as people will flock to buy my new items =)

Until this time I will be posting all my OLD things in slow time on the marketplace under LostDog Deisgns to generate petite cash while I sort my self out.

I will not be buying land of my own / sim.

Ta.

Ben Stravinsky wrote:

Hi,  I've just come back to SL from taking a couple years off.

I used to own a small outfit that sold a few things, and I'm looking to generate some spending money again.

I sold my sims when I left, removed all my SLX items (as it was then) and vanished.

It's not like it used to be. Back in the SLX days, most businesses sold 95% in world and just 5% on SLX. Now it is the other way around. Most sell 95% on SL Marketplace, and just 5% in world. Unless people promote their in world store heavily, then the percentage from in world shops might be higher.

Many merchants give up on in world stores at all, and have only a presence on the marketplace.

3d world sales are dead

The only reason a designer needs a shop is in the case he sells animations like LostDog or only for to have a link in MP to Show items in SL...

PEETY

All started from a 3d world chat room like SL was..

Im here to REBORN 3d sales again! i was also missing for some years and i lost also the opportunity to have land in a good deal.but here i am spending my money to enjoy something that has been missing from me (cause of real life needs)

Anyway , i will be glad to have LostDog in my Mall (8.000m dedicated to 3d sales.

Almost all my tenants we are gathering here everyday and LIVE at the mall.

Long Live 3d Sales!!

PLEASE stop advising ppl to stay ONLY in MP

WHY you do that? Let the ppl enjoy the beauty of the 3d World!

PLEASE

3D World ok, doesnt make money.

IAGREE

But i believe all of us have something inside us left, so we can enjoy our 2nd life WITHOUT money involving!!!!

Thank you!

beethros Karas

The Mall Street

TP Link:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Olber/63/190/43

oh lord people...

Ben makes ANIMATIONS..I know Im not alone in saying that I would never buy animations or items that have animations in them without trying them inworld first...(unless it was free and I could scrap it, if the animations were lousy)

Market place might be fine for some things..animations and animated items it is not - unless you have an inworld presence so people can try them out. Also...if I had a commercial set up..Id bite his hands off to have him there...he makes fantastic stuff and will surely bring traffic in.

Welcome back Ben..look forward to seeing your new gear (still love the older stuff I have from you too !)

beethros Karas wrote:

3d world sales are dead

This is nonsense. It is still perfectly possible to run a thriving business where the majority of sales are made inworld. Merchants who dismiss the potential of inworld sales are doing so to the detriment of their own profit margins. It is simply lack of adaptability and knowledge that has killed a lot of inworld stores. 

Porky Gorky wrote:

beethros Karas wrote:

3d world sales are dead

This is nonsense. It is still perfectly possible to run a thriving business where the majority of sales are made inworld. Merchants who dismiss the potential of inworld sales are doing so to the detriment of their own profit margins. It is simply lack of adaptability and knowledge that has killed a lot of inworld stores. 

agreed, totally

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4149 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.