Chung?

Rihanna Irata

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello in this cold day.

So ive been looking for a full sim and i noticed that, in alot of the most popular real estate companys here in sl, the owners or main managers last name is Chung. It makes me wonder, is it just a coincidence or all this companys are veeing managed by the same people?

And a side question, i will probobly buy sim from a private seller, since its much cheeper, how does it happend, and should i kniw anything so i dont get scamd?

Thank you :)

the Chung Empire etastes leases about 12% of SL from linden now. is kinda like a franchise these days

+

if you mean "rent" a homestead from an estate rather than buy a full sim from SL then is no guarantee that the estate owner will be here tomorrow

some of the estates have been here since the beginning of SL tho so is not all bad

best to talk to other people who rent and then decide

16 wrote:

best to talk to other people who rent and then decide

We have been renting for 5 months now, no problems, lovely sized and situated plot,  plenty of prims and total privacy when we want it. The cost is very reasonable.

$195 per month is for a complete mainland sim - not for a private island sim, those are $295 (more if you are subjected to VAT, like many europeans). The L$19,000 per week rental comes up to approx $330 real dollars per month - which is more than the $295 you would have to pay for your own private SIM to LL in case you are american, but less than the $295+VAT if you are a VAT paying european. Do the math :-)

The biggest landlords in SL get price breaks from LL on their monthly overhead and sim purchase costs, so if they choose to do so they can offer cheaper rates than smaller landlords and still turn a profit. For example, If I only owned one Mainland sim, my cost per month to own it is $195 USD. I would have to charge more than that to rent it out and make any profit. But a huge landlord that owns hundreds of sims gets a price break, and dosn't pay as much. So they could offer the same mainland sim for $195 USD a month rental, or even less, and still make a profit.

The other advantage of going with a huge landlord is that they are less likely to go away overnight, since they have more real money invested in SL. A small landlord might decide to sell off all their sims with little or no notice. A big one that decides to cut back is more likely to offer their renters a way to relocate from sims that are to be sold to other sims owned by the same landlord.

Rihanna Irata wrote:

Ii want a full sim. Normal price these days are around 19000 per week, but i think it will be cheeper if i buy a sim from private seller for 2-300 and pay 195$ rather than 270~ if i remmember right.

the $195 monthly tier apply to grandfathered sims. the grandfathering is no longer transferable. so if you buy a grandfather sim then you will have tp pay the full $295 tier

can amke a saving on the upfront purchase/transfer price tho if buy off another person rather than linden

+

or like Daniel said. mainland vs estate

If you can afford it the best way to go is to buy a full private sim on the secondary market and pay your tier to LL directly with no markup.

A private island gives you estate rights and you  have full access to the estate tools. You can sell land and repossess it if the owner doesn't follow your covenant or doesn't pay tiers.  You can rent it and transfer the lot to the tenant just like an owner but restrict it so they can't sell it.  You can change terrain textures, terraform it how you want, make your own rules as long as they comply with TOS, and decide who can come to your island and who can't. You can set the island to allow any number of avatars up to 100. You can decide a lot of other things too including turning off on on pathfinding. Only one person can be the estate owner but you can appoint agents with the same authority you have except for a few minor things such as they can't bake terrain or upload a raw file or repossess property.

Look for sims for sale that include 'estate' rights.  You can get them for various prices depending on the due date of the next tier payment and how fast the seller needs to sell the sim. I've seen them for sale for as little as 200US.   There is a 150 US transfer fee which is paid by the seller or buyer.  Who pays it is entirely negotiable.   You may move the sim and rename it at the time you process the purchase with LL for no extra cost.  If you decide to do this later it will cost you. 

The advantage is you don't have to worry if your landlord is using the money for tier to actually pay the tier and if not having the sim taken back by LL, and the tier is generally cheaper.  You do not have to be premium to buy a private island but you will still get concierge service support.  If you want you can add more sims including homesteads and open water sims to it.

The only disadvantage is the down payment to buy the sim.  If you get it cheap enough though you can actually save money in the long run by the monthly savings in paying tier with no markup.

Basically you find your sim and negotiate the selling price as well as who pays the transfer price.  Just like RL real estate.  When it is agreed on, you and the seller both file transfer tickets outlining the amount to be paid and who pays the transfer,  Seller files first then you file, with a reference to the sellers ticket number.  If you want to move the sim and rename it , put your request on the same ticket.  When the sale is processed and you own the sim, the sale price and transfer fee, if you agreed to pay that, is taken from your US Dollar account and transferred to the seller.

To find private estate sims, look on this forum, in classifieds, in land search.  There are also groups you can join where people but and sell sims with estate rights. 

A mainland sim is 100US less a month in tier but you only own the land, not the estate and have no access to region tools or any more powers than any other land owner has.  If you sell land, you lose it.  If you rent land you have to make your tenants part of a rental group and deed the land to the group, which you own.  The sale is just like any other land, you buy it for the price set by the seller, which is generally a lot more than a private island. Some that were abandoned are sold occasionally at auction on the SL website.  You have to be a premium member to buy a mainland sim.  You can't own a homestead or open water sim if your only own a mainland sim.

To find a mainland sim look in land search, classifieds, this forum and on the map.  When you find it you just buy it or bid on it like any other land.  Sometimes you can negotiate the sales price.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Look for sims for sale that include 'estate' rights.  You can get them for various prices depending on the due date of the next tier payment and how fast the seller needs to sell the sim. I've seen them for sale for as little as 200US.   There is a 150 US transfer fee which is paid by the seller or buyer.  Who pays it is entirely negotiable.   You may move the sim and rename it at the time you process the purchase with LL for no extra cost.  If you decide to do this later it will cost you.

Do it via the ticket system, estate rights are included and the seller always pays the transfer fee these days, LL will take the fee from the seller.

Ciaran Laval wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Do it via the ticket system, estate rights are included and the seller always pays the transfer fee these days, LL will take the fee from the seller.

Yes it always comes from the sellers account but generaly the sim is priced to 'include' the transfer fee.  So ulitimately the buyer pays it.  You can negotiate that by offering to 'split the transfer fee" and paying the less by the equivalent of half of it.  I've done that as well as had the entire price reduced by the entire transfer fee.  It all depends on how 'motivated' the seller is.

• 4 months later...

• The Top 10 Estates by number of regions held are as follows as of April 4 2013
    • RGF Estates Inc 4.7%
    • Dreamseeker Estates 3.2%
    • Zoha Islands 2.9%
    • Azure Islands 2.9%
    • Miriam Chung 2.7%
    • Victoria Chung 2.6%
    • Jessica Chung 2.2%
    • Weezles Real Estate (WRE) 2.1%
    • Fruit Islands Estate 2.0%
    • Lala Rentals 1.7%N.B. Known ACS holdings are 13.8%

• 1 year later...

Big Chung estates. 

Never before had not visited the land and banned!!!

Try to visit shop non chance

Try to visit Club non chance 

Try to ask Chung alt's only stupid ansvers. 

40% All Chung sims systematic block users and generate big problem in secondlife. 

You interest open shop, club, public place etc etc and ask why need or lower visitors in your place. Chung special bann system is answer at you low trafic. 

• 2 weeks later...

lol These are fanciful delusions. 

All chung estates pregenerate bugs in SIM, Blocked random avatars and DESTROY secondlife economics!!!

I don't understand why one rich kid working with difficult technical system in sl. 

This features only for skilled people (rl developers non for stupid china kids)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.