How do I allow direct tps in certain circumstances?

Innula Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We've got a private island, half of which is a parcel owned by a group.   This parcel has a tp arrivals point set, so if you tp there from the map or a landmark, you always arrive at the main entrance of the store -- unless, that is, you're me or the sim owner, in which case we arrive where we want.

Since we're both owners of the store land group, I'm not sure what effect this is having.

Anyway, what I want to do is make it so people we hire to help in the store can tp to spots within the store from LMs or whatever.   How do  I do it, please?

Teleport routing needs to be set to anywhere. This means people will be able to create their own landmarks, but landmarks you hand out or the map should take them to the landing point you've set.

Actually it probably won't work for the map, it should work if they go via places.

Thanks, both.   I want, though, people to arrive at the front door normally.

What I'm saying is that, somehow, and I can't remember how, we've managed to set things up so that me and my friend can tp where we like, while everyone else has to arrive to arrive at the front door.

We would like to make it possible for staff members to tp where they want, too, so I am wondering if anyone knows what my friend and I might have done to enable us to tp where we want.  

Could it be that she owns the sim and I'm an estate manager, for example?  Or is there a way that we might have done it by group roles, and I've forgotten what we did?   That's what I'm wondering.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Could it be that she owns the sim and I'm an estate manager, for example?  Or is there a way that we might have done it by group roles, and I've forgotten what we did?   That's what I'm wondering.

Estate managers and owners can bypass the routing settings, yes.

We wanted to do something like this on a sim of mine and we couldn't find a group role for it, it would be handy if there was. If something has changed and it's now possible, I'd be very interested to hear about it, it's a useful function.

I have managed it with an alt, by giving her various group powers, but I am still not completely sure how I've done it.   I will investigate this properly tomorrow.

Among the powers I gave her were all the powers listed under Parcel Powers and also all the powers listed under Parcel Identity.   I suspect it's one of those that was the key, but I'm not sure which one.  

It's not simply being an officer in the group, I think.   I'm an officer in another group where some of us can tp anywhere and others can't, and no one has ever been able to work out why. 

Darren Scorpio wrote:

Aha! Well in my case the officers have the default permissions, so maybe compare with a group that has officers with the officer's default permissions and see what is different.

EDIT: I will bet anything that it is "Set landing point and set teleport routing"

Ah I wouldn't have checked that to be fair. If officers are bypassing the routing by default then there must be a group perm that allows it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.