Teleport Script?

iCade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was wondering if someone could point me to a teleport script on the MP for my prefab buildings. The build I just finished has 2 floors, but due to it being a small store, I didn't place stairs, hence my need for a tp script that tp's the avatar up and down upon clicking the up and down triangle prims I placed.

I have been searching the mp for the past two hours, and thus far I have only found scripts where you need to input co-ordinates or landmarks. Since it's a prefab build my costumers will rez it anywhere they please so that won't work right?

I'm not sure I understand all due to language differencies but if someone could point me toward the script I need I would be really greatful.

I've used this one in the past:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Teleport-device-TP/585005

Make sure it's the builder's version.

However if you want to get creative, look at:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:LSL_Teleport

llSit was how I used to do it:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:LSL_Sit/Teleport

You fake a teleport via that method, worth a look, it's fun to test and play around with.

Ciaran Laval wrote:

I've used this one in the past:

Make sure it's the builder's version.

However if you want to get creative, look at:

llSit was how I used to do it:

You fake a teleport via that method, worth a look, it's fun to test and play around with.

Thank you for the quick response! I did find that MP listing as well, but I stumbled upon this review:

Nice for the money

Posted June 27, 2011 by Tondy Treves 4 stars

They look great, work great...as long as you don't move your house. Since you plug in the coordinates of where you want them...I'm guessing you have to change the script each time you move. Since moving the house, TPing now takes me to random points on the lawn.

Keep that in mind and you'll have a good product for little money!

It made me believe they don't work for my prefabs?

If it's only 10 meters I would use a simple Sit Target teleport, since that is local to the prim.  

Try something like this

default{    state_entry()    {       llSitTarget(<1.0,0.0,10.0>,llGetRot());//1 metre in front of me and 10 metres above me       llSetClickAction(CLICK_ACTION_SIT);    }        changed(integer change){        if(change & CHANGED_LINK){            key k = llAvatarOnSitTarget();            if(k){                llRequestPermissions(k,PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION);            }        }            }        run_time_permissions(integer p){        if(p & PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION){            llStartAnimation("stand");            llStopAnimation("sit");            llUnSit(llAvatarOnSitTarget());        }            }           }

So long as the prims aren't moved about within the build after purchase, that should do the trick.

• Like 2

Xiija wrote:

Free, Easy, Copiable...they auto link with each other  
:)

Thank you, but as I stated, these are for prefab buildings I built and want to sell, as such, it would need to be full perms, your linked tp's are neither mod, nor transfer, so I can't use them for what I intend. But thank you.

And thank you to Innula, you were a wonderful help and I managed to figure it out,thank you!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.