How do you get fast response from a linden

Dak Deed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have heard you people scream in defense of the lindens swearing you get omg fast responses. This latest griefer it has been 4 weeks me waiting on a linden to come clean their particle bombs up. By her own statement they have banned her already but didnt remove the items. Its blowing particles 2 sims over.. and lagging us all badly. So how do you file a ticket to get a response so quickly.. teach me. (in 4 weeks there has been over 50 reports sent in by me, my staff and vips... so its not a volume thing)

Dak Deed

Did you try and do a return on the items left over? Granted, if they're particles leaking into the sim/parcel you're on, chances are you can just return the ones that come into your area. If you have estate priviliges, that is. I had a prob where someone in another sim next door to mine had some particle thingy that shot out pink boxes. Drove me nuts! It would place 3-6 prims on the parcel at one time. Lucky for me, it was the property of one of the tenants' friends on the sim I was on. It was resolved to say the least :).

Good luck with your prob :)

She is back on an alt.. how do I know?? She cussed me out.... She threw a tantrum at us for reporting her and getting her banned over it.

If I file for live help they tell me to file in game on abuse.... If i file a ticket they tell me to file in game abuse. 

More ideas???

Dak Deed

Dak Deed wrote:

She is back on an alt.. how do I know?? She cussed me out.... She threw a tantrum at us for reporting her and getting her banned over it.

If I file for live help they tell me to file in game on abuse.... If i file a ticket they tell me to file in game abuse. 

More ideas???

Dak Deed

I hope you haven't said anything at all to this person, not to admit, not to deny ARing her.  While she threw a tantrum, you should have kept her chat visible on your screen and submitted a new AR, keeping it brief and factual as possible, and including a screenshot.  LL should then delete that avatar too, and possibly give her an IP ban. 

Eventually, the majority of griefers blow themselves out if they get no attention.

An inworld AR is always the way to go.

If the avatar has already been zapped, sometimes it can help to use a regular support ticket for objects left behind, and describe is as a performance issue. Keep the ticket bland: frame rates are poor on the region, the cause seems to be particle emitters left behind by a defunct avatar, and you're unable to return the objects yourself.

I haven't any tips to offer you about getting a faster response, because it always takes forever for me too. I must assume it is mainland property you are on because if it isn't I'd contact the estate owner or agents for much faster service.

However you should report the alt because it is against TOS to create an alt and come back to SL if you are banned.  You didn' say how she contacted you but if you have a log of it, submit the log with your AR.  If you need more room than an AR gives to you send all the information , just file multiple ar's until you send everything.  Be sure to not that it is a continuation of your previous AR though so they know.

Cerise I tried the ticket system.. explained the details items left after she was banned etc... they flat out told me to file an abuse report. I did not do anything bad to her nor mouth her back.. I asked her to not curse me as I had done nothing to her.  I did file an abuse report with the chat window open and her profile open.. she even linked the 2 avies in her profile in the about me section.   I am waiting on linden labs but honestly 4 weeks is unreasonable. You cant ask for a supervisor as aparently there are none... Live chat cant help or wont... ticket system always says file an ingame abuse report... The person whose land the Particle bombs are on is paying for hte land but hasnt been in sl in over a year, but its flooding a full 2 sims away.. i am unlucky and right next to it.... which means I am getting more lag than the others.. and making htem to where i cant see them does not fix the lag.

Dak

i had a look at those parcels. the two side by side that have those on them

+

way i handle those is to not personalise the AR. you already done that. and the person ARed is not any concern now. meaning that the AR team has dealt with it. and as far as they are concerned the matter is closed

to get the parcel cleaned up AR Governor Linden and say something like:

Hi my neighbours have been absent from in SL for quite some time now. ??? months. they have left their parcels (@sim x, z) and (2sim, x, y) on 0 object return. the parcels are turning into a bit a dumping ground for various types of stray bullets, particle spewers and such like which are affecting the performance of the sim

when you get a chance can you can please stop by and remove them. thanks (:

+

the reason you AR Governor Linden is bc it then goes direct to Garbo Linden

the secet sauce words are: affecting the performance of the sim

the tenor is: neutral and no blame

typically what happens is when you meet all 3 criteria then Garbo Linden when in the neighbourhood will clean them off. and quite often they will set the autoreturn as well. sometimes they dont tho set the autoreturn. depends on who it is

so if Garbo dont then scoot in after them and max out the parcels with your own prims. so no one else can rez anymore on them. can do that quite nicely. like put most of them underground. and put some trees on the top. when your absent neighbours come back (if they ever do) then they will return them to you. and you can explain if they care to ask you about it.

most neighbours pretty good about it i find

+

just a note

the owners of both those parcels look like new residents who got thair parcels with the Premium 512 tier. paid an annual sub probably and have walked away since. that happens a lot

No one of the lots is huge they are on... its for a bdsm furniture designer who has been in sl for a long time... its just the last year she hasnt been here. I got that info from some of her friends who are in her design group. Thanky for the information I will attempt that oen and see if it works. Honestly it shouldnt take this much effort to get a linden to pop in and do their job.

Dak

OK, do this one more time--go to the actual object generating the particles and AR that object as category Land -- Object Griefing; state without drama or complaining that the object is generating particles causing apparent lag in adjacent regions. Do not try to explain blah blah blah about AR'ing the avatar already. 

Also, don't water down your complaint with duplicate AR from alt(s) because i'm pretty sure they see the originating IP on those, just as they see them here on the forums.

Do take the time to also send an IM to the owner of the land where the particle generating object is, even if you think they are never online.  I reported an identical issue a few months ago and a couple of weeks later the absentee landowner came in and returned all the objects that griefer/squatters had placed on her land, and she thanked me and reset her land to not allow objects rezzed by public to persist after a couple of minutes. 

It could be your reports are losing their impact because of so many duplicates.  The main thing is to AR the object, not the creator or owner of it...that is automatically captured when you do the AR of the object and it's up to LL if they want to follow up.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.