Sign in to follow this  
Arianne Markova

polyamourous relationships

I think there was a discussion about open relationships in this forum a few months back (you could find it with the search I guess) and how it is right for some, wrong for some who thought it is right, not their cup of tea for most and disgusting for others.

I could tell you my personal view...and other could also do that, but it wouldn't really matter.

If there are groups for this you will find them with the inworld search by using some keyworlds.

BilliJo Aldrin wrote:

Not sure why u need to join a group, just tell all your lovers that you don't believe in exclusive relationships
:)

Well there is a difference between someone who sluts  sleeps around and someone who is in a polyamorous relationship.  In a polyamorous relationship they are exclusively with the people in their poly 'marriage' for lack of another word.

Perrie Juran wrote:

BilliJo Aldrin wrote:

Not sure why u need to join a group, just tell all your lovers that you don't believe in exclusive relationships

Well there is a difference between someone who
sluts 
sleeps around and someone who is in a polyamorous relationship.  In a polyamorous relationship they are exclusively with the people in their poly 'marriage' for lack of another word.

This is true. I am in a poly relationship and we are exclusive to only each other. Some people just cannot and do not understand what a polyamorous relationship is truly about. 

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

So, you're a Mormon?:matte-motes-big-grin:

*grins* hardly. one other female in the relationship hardly constitutes mormonism. besides I believe the mormons outlaw polygamy years and years ago. Although, if I were to do this in RL it wouldn't hurt to have a few sister wives to share the load of all the cooking and cleaning! *laughs*

"Well there is a difference between someone who sluts  sleeps around and someone who is in a polyamorous relationship.  In a polyamorous relationship they are exclusively with the people in their poly 'marriage' for lack of another word."

I stand corrected :)

Perrie Juran wrote:

BilliJo Aldrin wrote:

Well there is a difference between someone who
sluts 
sleeps around and someone who is in a polyamorous relationship.  In a polyamorous relationship they are exclusively with the people in their poly 'marriage' for lack of another word.

Made me LOL.. There is also a difference between people who **bleep** around and people who have multiple lovers.

There is also a difference between someone who sluts around and some one who has multiple lovers.

Yes, there was a discussion on this a while ago. *chuckles*

There are groups inworld, for sure. For it being SL, it's actually not a huge community like one might think it would be. Unless I'm completely blind, which could possibly be true. ;]

The only type of poly relationships that seem to dominate SL is the BDSM community, with having multiple submissives or even multiple Dominants sharing one submissive. Though the later part I've only witnessed once or twice, not to say there isn't more.

There are a few Poly groups around in-world, but bear in mind most are geared towards 'swinging' or wide open 'no strings' relationships.

Really the most important thing is that you figure out what kind of grouping you're looking for, and that you communicate as much as possible with each companion. Jealousy is easily fostered in SL, and many residents have a low tolerance for resentment. Drama, bickering and cuckooing (joining an open relationship with the intention of making it monogamous, by driving other partners away) are all common enough, and can destroy the fun and fulfillment that Poly can provide very easily. In addition, remember that many people come to SL to find emotional and/or sexual assurance/validation, and this can make 'sharing' an intimidating proposition.

One group I admired when I met them, was Commune Utopia (found at: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Bolton/169/150/23). They're a friendly bunch, and nudity is appreciated. They run along a friendly 'hippie' vibe which focusses on personal and inter-personal comfort.

Overall I would say it's best to let these things grow naturally, rather than using a group to find a partner. It's possible that one or more groups may be good for discussions and information, but even Wikipedia (or Uncyclopedia) is more authoritive than most residents.

Good luck!