I've looked everywhere and need some help.

Yhoiryo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm starting to get a little burnt out with this.

I've updated my firestorm viewer and now when I log in it keeps telling me that I need to set my texture discard level to 0 as of right now it's at 5, I have no idea why as I've never bothered touching it.

I've been looking and looking but have found nothing on how to lower the texture discard level, other than it's somewhere in the debug menu which I have never bothered to touch in my time on SL.

Until this is taken care of all of the textures are blurry and nothing is loading corretly.

So I am asking of anyone know's how to take care of this as it's bugging me to no ends when the viewer keeps telling me to take care of it but clearly this isn't something for most casual SL people.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

I ran into this same problem when updating to the 4.4.0 version. While the menus aren't quite the same, the keyboard shortcut still works. A warning window popped up but after dismissing it and scrolling to/changing the Texture Discard Level, all seems well.

I would have been hopelessly lost, staring at prims without this help. I am so very grateful!!

xina

• 1 year later...

LlazarusLlong wrote:

Yhoiryo wrote:

They need to make this stuff more clear hah ...

They also need to make it more clear that this is the Geneal Discussion forum.

The SL Answers forum is somewhere else.

Perhaps they assume people can read.

WHAT - We have a Genealogy Discussion group?  When did we get that? I so didn't get the memo on this. Thinking about it, how do we track the genealogy of an avatar? OMG all the back stories that we'd need to construct. Maybe past life hypnosis could help fill in the gaps.

Notes: Geneal - Geneal is defined as an abbreviation for genealogy, meaning the study of family history.

P.S. LlazarusLlong needs a signature that states his true desire - [ Goal: To have the 'Last Word' in all posts on the planet Earth's electronic forums ]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.