i use a xstreet magic box.i want to move it to a new location..can i take it into my inventory?

angel Fingerpin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Simply pick it up, and rez it at your new place and voila, done! It will change it's colour for a few moments and once it's done it will go white again and all will be well.

Be aware that while it is in your inventory it won't work, so rez it in your new place asap.

4 answers to this question

Simply pick it up, and rez it at your new place and voila, done! It will change it's colour for a few moments and once it's done it will go white again and all will be well.

Be aware that while it is in your inventory it won't work, so rez it in your new place asap.

The Magic Box has to be rezzed in world somewhere or it won't deliver anything. It's basically like any vendor you might put in an in-world shop, except that it's triggered by a web-geerated signal from Marketplace instead of by a button click.  If you pick up your Magic Box, therefore, your Marketplace store will be dead until you rez a new one and sync it with your listings.  To do that, open the Manage Listings link in My Marketplace >> Merchant Home  and click the button at the top that says Sync Marketplace With Magic Boxes

Along with the other info:

1. Be sure and hit that refresh button to see the changes after you sync your boxes. It is not all that obvious and you can wonder why things didn't work (or didn't APPEAR to work).

2. You may need to reset you box after you put it down. I have had to do that a time or two and of late I have had to reset the box each time I added things or the Marketplace couldn't sync with it.

Additionally, you may want to go to the magicbox status page (https://www.xstreetsl.com/modules.php?name=Marketplace&file=adminservers) to see if there is a ghost magicbox sitting there. It will disappear in a few days, but it could get in the way of  the communication between the magicbox you just moved to the new location and the website, therefore could be the cause of failed delivery.

Archived