Vortex Adult Sandbox - Griefing every day

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 965 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Cerise wrote:

Those nearby adult sandboxes
Goyer/Teagano/Bricker/Colborne 
are premium only. Subscribing isn't free, but it does make the problem go away.

That's what it must be.  A conspiracy by Linden Lab to get us to sign up for Premium so we can access grief free Sand Boxes!
;)

Utter nonsense!

It's a conspircy by Linden Lab to get more people buying islands. That's what it is. Not dealing with all the griefing, I mean.

the main problem i have with all this is putting user access restrictions on linden-provided free public sandboxes available to all

is 3 kinds of sandboxes: public, premium, private

LEA, Blake Sea and some mainland Infohubs have user restrictions. but they are not sandboxes

+

if Vortex were to get user group access controls for teaching/tutorial purposes then where does that leave other sandboxes. like Caledon, NCI, Builder Brewery etc. should they get linden-provided sandboxes as well? if them then what about all the others as well. as just about every RL campus/college in SL has a sandbox

can understand your difficulties and frustration but fundamentally the problem is no more or less than all the other teaching institutions in SL have

+

fwiw i never been able to understand why anyone presumes to run classes in a free public space and then gets upset bc they dont like what the other space users are doing

like i find it baffling to see a user in a public sandbox berating another user for firing off a ginormous particle fountain that they making. or even delinking a physics monster build just to see what happens

yes is different if people are experimenting and plain old griefing. but where do you draw the line? and who does the drawing? in what is a free public creative space accessible to all

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...
3 hours ago, DYNASTY Clip said:

hello i could help you get rid of those greifers from those sand boxes. i am a greifer hunter. i have cleaded many sandboxes already for good . that had greifer problems like those you mentioned. send me some landmarks and i will get started.

think those griefers are dead and burried by now... 2012

4 hours ago, DYNASTY Clip said:

hello i could help you get rid of those greifers from those sand boxes. i am a greifer hunter. i have cleaded many sandboxes already for good . that had greifer problems like those you mentioned. send me some landmarks and i will get started.

One has to wonder exactly what you do that get rids of griefers that someone else can't do on their own. Do you threaten to keyboard them to death?  Also...I know this is a pet peeve of many and usually not mine but please, please do some spellcheck on your posts.

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, DYNASTY Clip said:

I say intentional flagrant necroposting like this needs to be subject to disciplinary action.

There is absolutely nothing of value that you've added to a more than 7 year old thread by saying this.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, DYNASTY Clip said:

Probably while using griefer tools yourself, disguised as "defensive" items

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 965 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.