SLat Tutorial for Animations

Medhue Simoni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4094 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Here is a quick video that I made that shows some of the basics of using SLat to create animations.

If you go directly to the actual Youtube page and watch the video, I have shortcuts to all the key parts of the tutorial.

You can download the version of SLat that I use on my website.

• 1 month later...

I like the functions of this programme alot.  has alot of handy features that QAvim is missing.  Think i will be using this SLat along with QAvimator as ive used Qavim for around 2 years and its limits are annoying now, though its still a fantastic programme.  Ive made weapons, dances AO animations with Qavim with alot of good success, but having Slat is going to make things more refined and quicker :D.

Thanx for sharing :)

• 3 weeks later...

Don't forget about Daz. In Daz, with saving different poses and posed parts, plus all the other tools, it really is a dream of a program.

Ultimately, each program has things that other don't do, so knowing a little about each 1, and their best attributes allows you to do anything quickly. With SLat, I think the ability to add and subtract frames, it's blending tools, and working directly with the graph, makes this program the ultimate for smoothing out and finishing up an animation for SL. This program is almost perfectly made to finish up motion capture too. Of course, it's also easy to just made any animation from scratch.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4094 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.