Sign in to follow this  
Domitan Redenblack

Debug settings for ExternalEditor path string for Mac OSX?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

One easy way -- Go in through Finder, play with the open with stuff, and tell it that *.lsl files should open with TextWrangler by default. Then, if you set ExternalEditor to /usr/bin/open "%s" it ought to work.

• Like 1

Thanks. That works well.

NOTE:

When you open a script in Firestorm, it will open in the standard FS script editor, then you Must Hit the EDIT button in the lower right of the FS script window to actually open the editor (I did not know that). When you save the result, it will be automatically re-compiled and shown in the internal  FS script edit window.

Show your editor in the Mac Finder,  right-click it,  and select "Show Pacage Contents" in the menu.

A package is really a folder,  and this shows the contents.   Cick on "Contents" and then "Mac OS".

Usually, the name of the application will appear in that directory,  and that is what is actually run to start the app.

You would enter the full path to that, e.g:  /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs

• Like 2

Cerise Sorbet wrote: ...You set ExternalEditor to 
/usr/bin/open "%s"
it ought to work.

Rufus... Since I already default open .LSL files in TextWrangler, this works just fine. It also means if I upgrade to BBedit, I can just set those files to auto-open in BBedit. Thanks, though!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.