How do I get a URL for my second life group?

Mercy Nikita

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1 answer to this question

Those are two questions.   For the first one, if you have the Firestorm viewer, you can get your group's UUID and a URI for it by opening the group's Info panel.  Both pieces of information are right on top of the General page.   Many of the other viewers also offer that information (but I'm not sure if V3 does).

If you want to make a device that anyone can click to get group information, you can use this script....

// Join Group// Offer group membership on touch.// To use, drop this script in a vendor prim and set the prim to the Group you want to offer membership in  default{   touch_start(integer total_number)    {        string groupname = llGetObjectDesc();  //  Be sure to type your group's name in the object's Description field        string groupkey = llList2String(llGetObjectDetails(llGetKey(),[OBJECT_GROUP]),0);        llInstantMessage(llDetectedKey(0), "Thank you for your interest in " + groupname + ".");        llInstantMessage(llDetectedKey(0), "Open Chat History (Ctrl+H) now .....");        llInstantMessage(llDetectedKey(0), "... and then click on this highlighted link ---> secondlife:///app/group/" + groupkey + "/about");        llInstantMessage(llDetectedKey(0),"Use your new skills to find out about our open enrollment group and click \"JOIN\" if you wish. We would love to have you join.");        llInstantMessage(llDetectedKey(0),"The link will not be highlighted unless you view it in Chat History. When you are finished, you may close Chat History with the X in its upper right corner.");    }}

Your second question is even easier.  All groups are automatically in Search, so any SL resident will be able to find yours by typing its name there.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.