Land taken but I didn't sell it

Nikilei

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4138 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I had a parcel of land I bought through auction; decided to put it up for sale a month later but I never set it up to be sold so how did someone come in and take me off as owner and put their own name there? They have all the land around mine so I can see why they wanted it but I was never offered a desire to purchase the land. What happened?

I was approached by someone who said they were interested in purchasing it but I never heard back from them. This was in October. I noticed that this person took possession of the land on the 18th of Nov. 

Yes, I may have inadvertantly marked it for sale bu didn't finish setting the sale up. So, this person has no obligation to return it to me? 

1 answer to this question

I can't be certain but it sure sounds like you were fooling around with the selling of the land and accidently put it for sale to anyone at 0 (zero) lindens.  It's easy to do but you should have recieved a warning when you set the amont to 0 (at least you used to get a warning........it's been years since I sold my land for 0 to my alt so I could I could retain the land when I switched premium accounts).  But it is odd that your neighbor ended up with it since a land bot would scoop it up in seconds (if not sooner) unless your neighbor is running a land bot himself.  About the only thing you can do is contact the person who bought the land and explain it was a mistake.......most honest land bot runners will give the land back (most, but not all).

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4138 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.