Camera Angle?

Ricky40

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone know how to, or even if you can, change the angle at which you view your avatar? I am using the lateset version of Firestorm? I know you can changeand use differnt views, but I am wanting to change the angle. I have my camera set to view form behind and above my av, but the angle I find is much too steep amd I can not see much more than a couple feet ahead of him. I would like to chnage it, lower it so I can vuew ahead more and see what he see, can anyone help?

In the standard LL viewer (it should be the same for FS) it is:-

Advanced Menu > Show Debug Settings

• CameraOffsetRearView
  • FocusOffsetRearView

Set the X, Y and Z co-ordinate to other numbers to change the angle. (Make sure you're viewing from the camera angle to start with ('esc' to reset camera), so you can see the changes as you make them)

Ricky40 wrote:

Does anyone know how to, or even if you can, change the angle at which you view your avatar? I am using the lateset version of Firestorm? I know you can changeand use differnt views, but I am wanting to change the angle. I have my camera set to view form behind and above my av, but the angle I find is much too steep amd I can not see much more than a couple feet ahead of him. I would like to chnage it, lower it so I can vuew ahead more and see what he see, can anyone help?

I think I know exactly what you're talking about.  You have found that your camera view is suddenly a vertical-looking-down from above at your avatar...and when walking or flying, you cannot see where you're going.    Sound about right?

Hold down "Shift" key  >>>> Then hit "Esc" Key.   You should get an instant fix. 

Ricky40 wrote:

In Debug start with these settings and adjust to suit your need.  I suggest you use the up n down arrows to make the change so you can see what is happening as you set them.

Debug Settings:  Firestorm

focusoffsetrearView   (Phoenix = focusoffsetDefault)

x= .9 y=.2  z =.6   z controls up and down

cameraoffsetrearview  (Phoenix = CameraOffsetDefault)

x= -3.7  y= -0.2  z=  -0.05    

x controls zoom   z controls angle

You can also change cameraoffsetfrontView and focusOffsetFrontView.

y = 0.00 is looking straight ahead.  changing 'y' angles right or left, what people call 'over your shoulder.

• 2 weeks later...

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

See here for some recommended settings:

My settings and Penny's, both ont he same page for comparrision.

I checked out your page to bookmark it...and discovered I had already bookmarked this page awhile back - lol.  Thank you and others who have provided great info on this topic (as well as many others). :)

Czari Zenovka wrote:

I checked out your page to bookmark it...and discovered I had already bookmarked this page awhile back - lol.  Thank you and others who have provided great info on this topic (as well as many others).
:)

When I first "came back" to SL in 2009, I googled about it to avoid the confusion I'd had in 2006. Found a great getting started guide, but it dated to 2006.

So when I wrote mine, it began as a list of things the older guide hadn't mentioned by virtue of having aged out, combined with my own take on the things that guide was still relevant for.

Then the viewer got updated 3 million times, and I've had to edit it a lot... :P

But the goal's always been to make that one page as useful as possible to the newbie, and do most of my advocating on my other pages. :P

- Though I do make some strong recommendations, and the one to use some camera setting between Penny or mine, or in their range... is one such. It really makes it easier to move around in SL when you can grab your avatar with a mouse click and run, and the camera still shows you something that seems to relate to where you're going. The default way above and behind look means you can 'outrun' your camera in a sense, not able to see where you're going fast enough to react to what's in the way up ahead.

• 1 month later...

Xiara Carter wrote:

OMFG thank you sooooo much, been trying to fix this all day

EVERYTIME you clear out your settings you will have to redo this one, and find it wherever your viewer hides it.

It really should be in preferences...

I've added my section on it as a direct link off of my getting started blog (formerly the reference was there so I could post it in threads like this, but I didn't make it a link).

I suggest either saving a screenshot of your prefered settings, or a bookmark to some blog or article that has them...

Its a pain in the butt to have to do this one over again so often.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

omg thank you so so much!!! i been having a issue dunnow what happened...i had rezzed something on my land and my camera view was from the top of my avi...which was driving me crazy and hitting esc didn't even fix it but when i tried shift and esc...it reset it to the normal!!! ♥ thanks again!

• 10 months later...

I think I know exactly what you're talking about.  You have found that your camera view is suddenly a vertical-looking-down from above at your avatar...and when walking or flying, you cannot see where you're going.    Sound about right?

Hold down "Shift" key  >>>> Then hit "Esc" Key.   You should get an instant fix. 

Oh my god you have saved my sanity! I have been trying for *weeks* to figure this problem out, except my camera was looking up from the bottom. That simple shift+esc trick nearly made it cry it was so simple, but you fixed it and I love you! :matte-motes-sing: thank you thank you thank you!!!

• 1 month later...

I cannot thank you enough for this, some how my camera got set to the back of my feet and nothing i did could reset it.  Shift+Esc did it and I wanna marry you! :) 

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

*clipped*

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.