Adding items to wear when setting up an animation

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is probably a really stupid question , but I can't find a tutorial for doing this. I can set up animations , add a prop, arrange the menu , all using avsitter or MPS. but try as I might , I can not give my avatar an item to use , such as a drink, in fact the glass keeps looping, .Can someone point me in the direction of a tutorial. ? Please

Whatever you want your av to use has to be attached to you.  In the case of a glass, it needs to be attached to your right hand.  Then, to "use" it you need an animation that will move your arm and bring the glass to your mouth periodically.  You need a script to manage both the attaching and the animating tasks.  You evidently have an animation that loops already.  You'd be better off with one that doesn't, so your script could make the drinking more random and natural.  Fortunately, scripts and animations like that are very common in SL, so you ought to be able to find free or very inexpensive ones on Marketplace or in fine in-world shops.

If you you use AV Sitter it will allow you to set this up.  Use the same script you use for setting up a prop and put the item in the prims inventory with the animations. Be sure that you have attached your item to your avatar at the right attachment point and moved and rotated it to the right position for the  animation prior to putting it in the prim inventory.  Also be sure that the item is copy and transfer so that it will work for anyone.

After you set your animation up  click the EXTRAS button and the ITEM rather than PROP.  Choose the right item from the menu.  That's all there is to it. 

When you dump the psitions for the notecard you should see the item listeed with the proper animation under EXTRAS at the bottom of the read out.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.