can a group force you to have sex with members?

Debs Whimsy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm putting this under abuse because I believe it is. A group I am a member of has been selling memberships to people by giving them the benefit of being able to claim any other member on the sim on their member days. Anyone can be a member of the group, but you pay for silver or gold membership to be allowed this right. And they do promote it as a right. They don't allow anyone to refuse the person claiming them for any reason. You must leave the sim if you do refuse and refusing another time will get you banned. Now, this is a fun dancing sim otherwise, cool people, but I have to question where this fits in with LL TOS. The group is basically prostituting people against their will. They are selling the memberships to whore out innocent people who visit their sim! 

What say you on this? 

Debs

7 answers to this question

I like the sim, love the people, but think the policy is bunk. I've been hunting all over to see if it's against and Terms of Service. If I have to go elsewhere I will, but I still want to know. If it is, I will report them, of course, because the practice needs to stop!

What are they doing? Telling others they have to have sex with other people? Unless they are forcing them to do it by threats of loss of life, physical harm or revealing personal information, they are just being ridiculous and so is anyone who is letting them do it. If you feel they are breaking the TOS, then report them and let LL handle it.

Here is the TOS so you can find whatever it is you need https://secondlife.com/corporate/tos.php

it is roleplay, but, again, not the point. The point is that they are selling memberships to people and enabling them to claim people without their consent for said roleplay. I've been looking for LL TOS to see if anything in there pertains to this. Basically, they are prostituting unsuspecting people. Refusing to have sex roleplay when claimed results in a ban which literally translates to a single choice to do it or be banned. I shouldn't have to buy a membership to protect myself.

Ask yourself....how should someone be forced to do anything they don't want IN A VIRTUAL WORLD? Thats just....stupid. Click the red cross, go somewhere else, mute the people, leave the group. I think an adult should now such simple things. They can't do anything...for me it sounds more like roleplay.

Let yourself be banned. There is a lot to do in Second Life without having to play that game, and if it is roleplay, they aren't doing anything wrong, as long as everyone there knows it is roleplay. If the rules of that roleplay are have sex or be banned, well, thats the rules.

If you own a sim and say that everyone must wear a red hat or be banned, that is perfectly ok, it is the same thing. If you tell everyone, wear a red hat or I will come find you in real life and kill you, that is a problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.