Would this laptop's graphics card work with second life?

Helllovers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This is the link where I found the laptop.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell+-+Inspiron+15.6%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+6GB+Memory+-+750GB+Hard+Drive+-+Diamond+Black/5892069.p?id=1218703221538&skuId=5892069

I was wondering if the graphics card would work with second life. I'm not looking for high quality graphics, but decent graphics.

If not, can you recommend any laptops for a fair and reasonable price?

Thank you, 

~ Diamond

2 answers to this question

The card will run SL.  But you asked if it will run SL decently.........that's a very difficult question to answer since "decently" for me is most likely very different from what is "decently" for you.  You'll be able to run SL at low settings without too much difficulty (but, even then, you'll experience more lag than what I would say is "decent").  It ranks pretty low in the Class 3 video adapters (barely better than on chip or onboard graphics accellerators).  It's an entry level gaming computer (and, in my opinion, that's optimistic) meant for low demanding games..........SL is by no stretch of the imagination a low demanding game.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-6470M.43075.0.html

On a recommendation.  In that $500 USD range for a laptop you just won't find a computer that is capable of running SL at much better than low settings (unless you go with a refurb or used computer......which I would never recommend).  To get a laptop that will perform well in SL you'll have to up that budget to just about $1000 USD.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.