AO Walks not working, on any of my AOs?

Norsks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Well it all started when I was looking for huds, to make my own AO. It was one of them that I opened that had a walk in it, that was pretty stupid. Deleted it. So now all of my APs are walking like that. Maybe once and a while it'll do the orginial AO's walking animation, but the nit goes straight back to that awkward walk. there's nothing wrong with them, so im not sure whats going on. Any suggestions? 

11 answers to this question

Well, that's pretty wierd.  You obviously didn't delete the animation.  My guess is that you dragged/dopped it somewhere else -- maybe into another HUD or into a child prim of your AO.  Either that or your AO has the animation in memory somehow.  Have you tried resetting its script? 

BTW, AP <<<?? 

Yes, I resetted the scripts, and then I re-opened the box. when I did that it worked for the few couple of seconds. My friend logged into my account and tried it, and it works perfectly for her. So I'm not sure if it's something on my computer, or what.

Aha. Gotcha. So, you rezzed the original box on the ground and you removed the Funny Walk and then you saved it, and then you deleted the one that was in Inventory before, right? And then you wore the edited version? If that's not exactly what you did, there are several places you could have messed up. You might have screwed up in editing and not saved the copy that you deleted the animation from, or you could have deleted the wrong copy of the AO, or you could have attached the original instead of the edited copy......

Hm..No See. I was wearing my Original AO. Then I opened the empty Hud and inside the folder was something called mens walk, it was a object. So I wore it, and I walked then it did that weird walk. So I took it off. And deleted the folder. Now a fw hours later it started to do the walk, then it would stop. Then it happened more, until now, which I walk like that completely. With or without a AO on. So I resetted my Hud, and it wet back to normal, then after a few seconds it started again. So I changed my AOs, and it also did it on that one, and the next. Until I tried all my AOs and all of them have that walk. So I tried firestorm to se eif it was just second life, and it does that on there too. So I went back and deleted the Folder from my trash. But nothing worked.

OK, so it has nothing at all to do with your AO. You wore the Mens Walk object, which animated you. Then you took it off, but neglected to stop the animation. Normally, you should be able to kill the animation by using Me (or Avatar) >> Avatar Health >> Stop Animating My Avatar or by using an animation stopper (like https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/MAGIC-WAND-Stops-Animations/3475671 ). If you don't do that, the animation should still stop automatically when you relog. UNLESS the object is still attached to you. So look in your inventory to identify everything that is attached to you, and detach anything that looks suspicious.

• Like 1

Well, you have to still be wearing something that has the anim in it. It can't animate you otherwise. And there's no way that it can start up again after you relog unless the thing is attached to you. So it either has to be in a HUD that's on you screen or in some object that you are wearing. Or .... hmmm... you didn't say whether it does this when you go to another sim....... If it stops when you go to another sim, then the anim is in an object that you dropped nearby. You can search the area for it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.