I have requested a payout and not received my cash?

Markova Markova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hm well not addressing the morality of such a weighting, (i.e. one can pay in immediately with no delay via credit card etc but getting ones cash back requires a paypal acc, processing fees and several days to action,) this still sounds like a corp struggling to keep hold of cash that does not belong to them! Looking forward to getting my cash back before LL folds :)

Linden Labs is neither in receivership nor administration, they are working as slowly as everything else financial this weekend (and for the rest of the year).

This weekend is the busiest on-line and RL shopping time in the USA. All payment processing services, including PayPal, are bogged down and slower than molasses. Even buying groceries at the local market takes noticeably longer than usual.

Also, PayPal gives preference to its users who are buying on-line through PayPal, then to people distributing money via the pay-out service. The bulk pay-out service is a low-priority one.

Here's the typical process:

1 - You and a bunch of other people make a request for payout to LL. At this point, LL's computers move your money into the "payout pending" account to make sure you don't accidentally spend it.

2 - LL batches the requests (probably every business day), runs a process that verifies that the users are valid, adds up the value of the payout, and sends the payouts to PayPal as one big list in a file with e-mail addresses and amounts due. They also send the money to cover the payout.

All delays after this are because of PayPal and the way it handles bulk payout lists, not LL.

3 - PayPal is receiving a pile of these payout request files from various companies. They are queued in the order received. Late at night (when the load on its servers is lowest), they validate that the emails belong to users, that the amount sent is enough to cover that company's payouts, and start putting money into each account ... one by one.

Even at computer speeds, running the daily deposits is not an instantaneous process because of all the error checking that happens.  If you have the misfortune to have your payout in a file in the queue behind some of the really huge ones (like Yahoo!'s monthly page-view payments to its quarter of a million or so writers) or if there is an error upstream of your payout in LL's file ... it can take a while.

NOTE: Those companies that want an immediate payout can get it, but the processing overhead is much greater for them and for PayPal, and the payout fees are also much higher.

Deja Letov wrote:

Nope been this way for years, has nothing to do with holding onto cash. It's just their policy, I doubt it will change. There are third party stems out systems you can use, with slightly higher fees. I use virwox.com quite a bit.

I use virwox.com as well and receive the cash out almost immediately

Payouts always slow down around thanksgiving week and crimbo so you might need to add a few days to the 5 to 7 working days,

The company is definitely not in administration as it has not been reported anywhere, but that is not to say it is still financially viable, no one knows as they stopped releasing most financial data a year ago.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.