SL Viewer won't load!

divine998

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4166 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, so I'm using my laptop(Windows Vista) and I see SL. I think its interesting, so I download in. That goes off without a hitch. Then, I double click the SL Viewer. It says something about moving to server 1 and crashing. It says that the app will seem like it is frozen. Then the laptop says that SL Viewer has stopped working. I wait and wait, but nothing happens. I uninstall and reinstall but it does the same thing. I even tried a third party viewer(Firestorm/Phoenix) but that ended up crashing. Is there away I can get in, or is there no hope? I really want to play...:smileysad:

"...

Is there away I can get in, or is there no hope?..."

------------------------------------

Probably.  But not without some computer specs so that people can take a guess at what the problem might be.  Otherwise, it is probably hopeless.

If you can get to the log in screen (don't even try to log in since it won't work anyway) under the "Help" menu click on "About Second Life".  Your basic computer specs will be shown on the first tab of the dialog box that pops up......copy those specs and paste back here for others to see (it helps tremendously to know what you are working with so that someone can help you with your problem).

Meanwhile. since you are using a laptop, if you are using a wireless connection try a wired (Cat5 Ethernet cable) instead.  Because of the huge amount of data being sent and recieved by your computer wireless just isn't the best way to run SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4166 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.