Can someone talk me through using access password to rented property?

Fidelity Quintessa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello I am still having problems accessing some property I rented two days ago.  I was sent a 'password' to type into the chat box, in order to open the door.   My group tag is active as I have checked that and I sent notecards to the owners.  So far I have not received a reply and they are offline at the moment.

The instructions on the notecard were as follows;

'Type your new password in the chat box NEAR the front door of the property and then you can enter'.

How near to the door do I need to be when I type this password in to the chat box?

(I presume the chat box they are referring to is the large one at the bottom of the screen)?

What do I do after that?  Do I press some other button, press 'return' or simply wait for the door to open?

I have tried both these things and it still does not work. 

I have a fairly old version of Second Life and it probably needs updating, so could that be a problem?

Also my prim count is not displaying above the payment box.

As so many people are renting and must know how to do this, could anyone talk me through the process as I am actually doing it? 

Should I get on to techinical support?

The name of the Sim is .'Piazza del Mare.'

As it is two days since I rented, I would be very grateful for any assistance or advice>

Thanks,     Fidelity Quintessa.

1 answer to this question

Fidelity, I'm not familiar with this kind of rental system requiring a password, but if you would like to send me TP, I will be online in about 10 minutes and we could have a look together. I will IM you when I log in. 

I don't think the version of the viewer could be causing your issue. Also, depending on the rental box system, your prim count doesnt necessarily show. 

Hope to see you inworld (and hope we can sort it out!)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.