homless :)

kabrikano Sporg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello second life awesome people

im tird of trying to find a place to rp or even meeting friends ..i had a home at the past but with money shortage i had to leave it any way i want a home

yes as simple as i say it i want a home ..im tired of being homless ..

so im thinking to buy a small land and then buy ahouse ..may be a garden and some nice posters .etc

i dream of decorating my own room ..but all i have is 300 L

is there is a cheap land and i can get the house and other things from freebie stores , also i will learn how to build cause i never did such thing before .

and do i have to be a permium membr to buy a land ?

sorry i just spoke what is in my mind , but you know what i want to say ..right you know :) , thanks in advance and i would like to hear from you about how to have my own home . :)

can always camp out on a Linden staffer parcel (:

like some of them on their parcels leave on their build and no autoreturn

Jack Linden one time left his sim parcel that way for nearly 2 months. was heaps people move in with him for that time

they made houses all kinds and water falls rock pools and someone even made a forest glen thingy that the resident squatters used to go and sit in and chat lol

jejjejejejee (:

kabrikano Sporg wrote:

it says its 50 L

question is do i pay it once and forever or i pay 50 l every week ... ??

when you buy it for 50L it's yours forever, but remember you NEED land to put it on, and if 300L is all you have forever, then you might want to think about finding a job in SL to help pay for your rent. HTH.

You pay L$50 for that 100 prim skybox and it is yours forever. That is way too many prims for that size of a home. 

You need a place to put your home.

All land on SL comes at a price, whether you buy it or rent it.

For example, if you are a Premium member, you can have 512 square meters of land tier (rent) free, and that allows you up to 117 prims. With that skybox, you would only have 17 prims left for furniture and decoration.

Please research renting and buying land.

I don't know if it still exists, but there used to be Free Apartments in SL. I had one for a while..the problem is that the owners will often just convert the land to something else to make money on it. Go into a search and see what you can find. Sometimes schools will offer housing if you join their group and become a student or things like that.

Good luck

Well, you have to pay for your land regularly, when you buy land,
you have to be a premium member, US$10,-- per month, cheaper if you buy a longer term in advance,
however, everything over the included allotment of 512m² costs an extra monthly fee.

if you don't want to pay for a premium membership, you can rent instead,
for that, you only need Linden$ and a free basic membership.

A nice cottage next to my parcel is available for L$150,-- / week for 150 prims:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Patagonia/195/210/41

Lindens can be bought via Linden Exchange itself or via some of the 3rd-party exchanges.
I'm happy with this one: https://www.eldexchange.eu/index.php

But no matter, if you want to own land or rent, it ALWAYS means regular payments of one or other kind.

• 3 weeks later...

How to buy land in SL

1.  Take out your credit card or Paypal account, and become a member.  That's required for owning land.  You'll also get a weekly stipend of Lindens.

2.  Wait until you have a substantial amount of Lindens from your stipend.  Allternately, if yhou can't wait, provide a service, sell an item, or if all else fails get out the credit card again and purchase extra Lindens.

3.  If all you want is a 512, you should have the money right away, as land prices are dirt cheap these days.

4. Find land via the forums, in-game searches, or looking for "yellow-land" on the map.

5.  Buy the land.

YES, the land is yours forever, assuming you pay tier to Linden each month, and Linden never goes out of business.

NO, you don't have to pay the seller anything else.  You are BUYING the land, not RENTING.

Think of tier not as rent, but as if it were property tax that you are paying to the government.  If you are a homeowner, you don't pay any rent, but you have to pay the taxes to the government.  If you are just renting an apartment or a house, your landlord is paying all the taxes, as it's his or her property and you are just a tenant paying him or her rent.

If all else fails, give your money to Rabid Cheetah and see if she has a nice home for you :womanlol:

Seriously, this might be right up your alley:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ziczac/76/145/132

Good luck, and welcome to Second Life! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.