Tutorials Neckline Facing?

Morgaine Christensen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Taking the plunge into SL layered clothing creation not that my photoshop skills have increased and I better undertand the SL AV.  LOL...yes, I am behind the times with all the mesh going round, but eventually maybe.

Anyway, I am horrible at drawing in Photoshop (I use CS6).  Are there any tips and tricks to make the neckline of tops have a more finished look?  I have played around with the pen tool some for shapes and strokes, and have worked a bit with Transform > Warp, but to make it look even around the neck...then...make the same with be back neckline is...well, is bad.

Are there any tutorials out there that anyone knows of to assist in this finished look?  I found a really nice one for creating the actual necklines for the shirt/top, but not one that finishes it well.

Thanks Everyone!  Happy Thanksgiving a little early.

I'm not sure of any specific tutorials that cover this but I know when I was self-learning I found numerous of Youtube videos just for clothing creation. Some that explained step-by-step and some that just showed how they did it sped up. Both were very useful to me. You might try to just search Youtube for "Second Life clothing creation" or the like.

As far as tips for a more finished look, personally, that just takes practice. IMO you just need to play around with what you might like best. I like to draw a black line, then white, then black again near each other and smudge them and set as an overlay (in gimp..sorry I'm not sure what that layer mode is called in PS). When you play around with this it tends to give you that rim or look of a seam or collar.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank  you both for your replies. 

Yep, been playing around and failing so thought I would ask to see what others might do.  My drawing skills with graphic programs are uumm...less thatn desirable. I thought there might be like a pen tool setting or something that would allow a fat line or something to be drawn when you used it. 

Will check out more tutorials!  Again, thanks for your replies.

I'm unsure what it is called in PS but in Gimp I use the "Paintbrush" tool and hold down "Shift" and click around to try and draw a good line like that instead of free hand. This gives me more control of where the line goes. Perhaps try and see if it is the same there in PS.

Also, see if there is something called similar to the "Paths" tool where you can make your own path by marking points.

Hope that helps!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.