Sign in to follow this  
MissMariaSuxx939

Gor in Second Life

Qie Niangao wrote:. (There's a lot of variety in Gor regions and role play, so you may need to be more specific to get more useful suggestions.)

So very true! What kind of gorean cultue are you looking for? Are you a pure role player - or want a bit of IC/OOC crossover? Are you an experienced player or do not know the lore? More into paragraph rp or tend to be a one liner? More interested in playing your daily life - or more interested in more spectacular storylines? Do you have limits you want respected?

No one knows the lore on gor. I really wouldn't be surprised If more than half of the Gor sim owners ever even read the books. It's sad really. It really would be enjoyable. Oh well. Hope you find one, because I haven't. lol.

Keiara Oh wrote:

No one knows the lore on gor. I really wouldn't be surprised If more than half of the Gor sim owners ever even read the books. It's sad really. It really would be enjoyable. Oh well. Hope you find one, because I haven't. lol.

not "no one", but few indeed have more than a passing understanding of what's involved. And of course the "lore" stretches decades and hundreds of thousands of square pasangs in space so there's large differences in culture between places and times.

I'd expect things to be different in Ko-ro-ba in 20500 as compared to Port Kar in 20550 just as much as they'd be different in New York in 1950 from Moscow in 2000.

What has killed online Gor for me is the puritanism of sticking to the books rigidly and completely to the letter with no scope for innovation nor improvisation.

Essay length serves have also made it an exercise in tedium, once you have written some that are deemed acceptable all you have to do is change a few details here and there the creativity seems to have been sucked out it.

Its no just SL I have seen it become like this over time.

Just a point of view and not meant to be an attack on anyone or anything

If anyone would like to be on the ground floor of rebuilding Gor, check out Virtual Highway.  It is a three year old grid that has 39 sims (so far) set up in a Gorean continent.  No TPing around, you travel to get to the other areas.  Sim prices there are fantastic.  $75 USD per month tiers on a full sim with 40,000 prims to play with!  Check out your alternative and help build Gor as it was meant to be!

Firstly, you can't advertise another site here, its just bad form and against the rules.

Secondly. the world you are speaking of has 808 residents... total. 119 have been online in the last month.

SMH.

MissMariaSuxx939 wrote:

Hi does anyone know of a good and active gor role play sim?

If you find a sim that meets both criterion please post it here, All I am finding lately is tavern/longhall serves and isolated Master/kajira pairs

I am a member of Turia.. it is fairly active and has a very good working knowledge of the books. there is quite a bit of RP going on. mosty in the afternoon and evenings.

Ah, my chain sister was banned from Turia following the incident with b**** in July last year unfortunately. Still picking up the pieces from that mess. But thanks, I might bring my FW alt down for a look. Ta :)