Jump to content

Some essentials of a good relationship!


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Hi all!  I would like to share with you some things that I believe are essentials in a good relationship. 

 

good-listener.jpg

Be a good listener.  You may think you are right, and know all the answers.  But you are missing out on the big picture, if you don't listen to others.  And I mean really listen.  Don't just act like you are listening.

humble.jpg

Be humble.  Nothing is more irritating the to hear a person constantly pump themselves up, when they should be uplifting others.  Be humble and gracious in all you do and say.

smile.jpg

Smile!  If you are happy then smile!  This don't mean going around like a Cheshire cat, smiling all the time.  But if you are happy, then smile!  It is infectious and will make others smile too!

forgive.jpg

Forgive.  People are not perfect beings.  They do make mistakes, and will do wrong to you.  Try to forgive them, and tell them so.  Revenge is never the answer.

politeness.jpg

Be polite.  Rudeness should never be the norm in your life.  Others may be rude to you.  That is never a reason to throw rudeness back into that persons face.  Rise above that.

LiveSimply.jpg

Live within your means.  This is one of the hardest things for me to do.  Try to be satisfied and thankful with what you have.  Do not become jealous of others things and possessions.

respect-posters.jpg

Treat others as you would want to be treated.  These words explain themselves.  To be respected you must respect others.

 

That is it!  Feel free to add to this.

 

 

Peace!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Griffin Ceawlin wrote:


Hippie Bowman wrote:

Hi all!  I would like to share with you some things that I believe are essentials in a good relationship. 

 

good-listener.jpg

Be a good listener.

A corollary: Know when to just STFU and STOP TALKING.

Yes indeed!  Sometimes silence is the best!

 

 

Peace!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Remember there is a real person behind the pixels.

Be upfront in your expectations and don't lead people on just to get what you want.  If it is only roleplay and a game say that, if it's not, say that too.  

Don't say I love you unless you mean it.

If it looks to be more than a few fun times, sit down and talk like adults and set up ground rules you can both live with.  Then stick to them.

If you no longer want the relationship be an adult and break it off.  It may hurt but there will be a lot less pain and drama than if you cheat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Remember there is a real person behind the pixels.

Be upfront in your expectations and don't lead people on just to get what you want.  If it is only roleplay and a game say that, if it's not, say that too.  

Don't say I love you unless you mean it.

If it looks to be more than a few fun times, sit down and talk like adults and set up ground rules you can both live with.  Then stick to them.

If you no longer want the relationship be an adult and break it off.  It may hurt but there will be a lot less pain and drama than if you cheat.

Good stuff Amethyst!  Thanks for sharing!

 

 

 

Peace!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Understand that everyone has a RL and it will always come first.

Don't fight for something that is already gone.  If the person decides he cannot handle the relationship anymore, let go.  You don't need to add stress to your life.  

If and ONLY if you find that both you and your friend/partner want to sort things out, go ahead and do it.  

If you find that it's obvious that things will not be fine, stop fooling yourself, move on and learn from past experiences. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Mylie Foxclaw wrote:

Understand that everyone has a RL and it will always come first.

Don't fight for something that is already gone.  If the person decides he cannot handle the relationship anymore, let go.  You don't need to add stress to your life.  

If and ONLY if you find that both you and your friend/partner want to sort things out, go ahead and do it.  

If you find that it's obvious that things will not be fine, stop fooling yourself, move on and learn from past experiences. 

Thank you Mylie!  That is some good additions!

 

Peace!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No matter the backdrop or lifestyle choice here there is a core tenant that has to be held very dear by both people. Trust

Without it the relationship is doomed.

If the relationship is based in love, then understand what true love means. Its a state of being where two are as one and you follow each other and lead each other to places you both are excited to be. When you find yourself thinking of your partner and wanting their happiness as well as your own to be as joyous and harmonious as it can be then you are two as one and true love is attainable.

All relationships should evolve. Life is rarely static and its how the differences and events are taken and either dealt with or enjoyed that will give the strength to the relationship. Trust again, and in the case of love, intertwined so that the edges become blurred, what evolves in both people as they grow into each other is the real source of joy..You can feel it, its tangible, it almost takes a life of its own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Leia36 wrote:

No matter the backdrop or lifestyle choice here there is a core tenant that has to be held very dear by both people. Trust

Without it the relationship is doomed.

If the relationship is based in love, then understand what true love means. Its a state of being where two are as one and you follow each other and lead each other to places you both are excited to be. When you find yourself thinking of your partner and wanting their happiness as well as your own to be as joyous and harmonious as it can be then you are two as one and true love is attainable.

All relationships should evolve. Life is rarely static and its how the differences and events are taken and either dealt with or enjoyed that will give the strength to the relationship. Trust again, and in the case of love, intertwined so that the edges become blurred, what evolves in both people as they grow into each other is the real source of joy..You can feel it, its tangible, it almost takes a life of its own.

SO good Leia!  Thank you for sharing!

 

 

 

Peace!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...