• Announcements

    • Xiola Linden

      The New Community Platform   03/21/2017

      We are still working on making adjustments and changes to the new platform. Thanks  to everyone who has been sending in feedback and filing any bugs you've encountered! 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hippie Bowman

Some essentials of a good relationship!

26 posts in this topic

Hi all!  I would like to share with you some things that I believe are essentials in a good relationship. 

 

good-listener.jpg

Be a good listener.  You may think you are right, and know all the answers.  But you are missing out on the big picture, if you don't listen to others.  And I mean really listen.  Don't just act like you are listening.

humble.jpg

Be humble.  Nothing is more irritating the to hear a person constantly pump themselves up, when they should be uplifting others.  Be humble and gracious in all you do and say.

smile.jpg

Smile!  If you are happy then smile!  This don't mean going around like a Cheshire cat, smiling all the time.  But if you are happy, then smile!  It is infectious and will make others smile too!

forgive.jpg

Forgive.  People are not perfect beings.  They do make mistakes, and will do wrong to you.  Try to forgive them, and tell them so.  Revenge is never the answer.

politeness.jpg

Be polite.  Rudeness should never be the norm in your life.  Others may be rude to you.  That is never a reason to throw rudeness back into that persons face.  Rise above that.

LiveSimply.jpg

Live within your means.  This is one of the hardest things for me to do.  Try to be satisfied and thankful with what you have.  Do not become jealous of others things and possessions.

respect-posters.jpg

Treat others as you would want to be treated.  These words explain themselves.  To be respected you must respect others.

 

That is it!  Feel free to add to this.

 

 

Peace!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should probably add:

1) Don't expect much and you won't be dissappointed; and

2) It won't last.

Otherwise, you pretty much have it covered.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Randall Ahren wrote:

You should probably add:

1) Don't expect much and you won't be dissappointed; and

2) It won't last.

Otherwise, you pretty much have it covered.
 

Oh yes Randall!  That too!

 

 

Peace!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As was stated by Dr Rouf (played by Robin Williams):

"learn you some oral sex, gentlemen. Don't be all, uh ungh no way! Pack a lunch, stay for the day."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

As was stated by Dr Rouf (played by Robin Williams):

"learn you some oral sex, gentlemen. Don't be all, uh ungh no way! Pack a lunch, stay for the day."

LOL Drake!  Hippie faints!

 

 

 

Peace!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is the kudo option???

Great thread Hippie! And the way you put it all together looks amazing, I can see it allready on posters and people send them to all their friends:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Tamara Artis wrote:

Where is the kudo option???

Great thread Hippie! And the way you put it all together looks amazing, I can see it allready on posters and people send them to all their friends:)

LOL Thank you Tamara!  Nope no Kudos on this one!  Just enjoy.

 

Peace!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hippie Bowman wrote:

Hi all!  I would like to share with you some things that I believe are essentials in a good relationship. 

 

good-listener.jpg

Be a good listener.

A corollary: Know when to just STFU and STOP TALKING.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Griffin Ceawlin wrote:


Hippie Bowman wrote:

Hi all!  I would like to share with you some things that I believe are essentials in a good relationship. 

 

good-listener.jpg

Be a good listener.

A corollary: Know when to just STFU and STOP TALKING.

Yes indeed!  Sometimes silence is the best!

 

 

Peace!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would have added  "be honnest, and dont lie".... Even rude, a truth is almost always better than a lie :smileyhappy: imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

i would have added  "be honnest, and dont lie".... Even rude, a truth is almost always better than a lie :smileyhappy: imho.

Yes indeed Trinity.

 

Peace!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember there is a real person behind the pixels.

Be upfront in your expectations and don't lead people on just to get what you want.  If it is only roleplay and a game say that, if it's not, say that too.  

Don't say I love you unless you mean it.

If it looks to be more than a few fun times, sit down and talk like adults and set up ground rules you can both live with.  Then stick to them.

If you no longer want the relationship be an adult and break it off.  It may hurt but there will be a lot less pain and drama than if you cheat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Remember there is a real person behind the pixels.

Be upfront in your expectations and don't lead people on just to get what you want.  If it is only roleplay and a game say that, if it's not, say that too.  

Don't say I love you unless you mean it.

If it looks to be more than a few fun times, sit down and talk like adults and set up ground rules you can both live with.  Then stick to them.

If you no longer want the relationship be an adult and break it off.  It may hurt but there will be a lot less pain and drama than if you cheat.

Good stuff Amethyst!  Thanks for sharing!

 

 

 

Peace!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Understand that everyone has a RL and it will always come first.

Don't fight for something that is already gone.  If the person decides he cannot handle the relationship anymore, let go.  You don't need to add stress to your life.  

If and ONLY if you find that both you and your friend/partner want to sort things out, go ahead and do it.  

If you find that it's obvious that things will not be fine, stop fooling yourself, move on and learn from past experiences. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Mylie Foxclaw wrote:

Understand that everyone has a RL and it will always come first.

Don't fight for something that is already gone.  If the person decides he cannot handle the relationship anymore, let go.  You don't need to add stress to your life.  

If and ONLY if you find that both you and your friend/partner want to sort things out, go ahead and do it.  

If you find that it's obvious that things will not be fine, stop fooling yourself, move on and learn from past experiences. 

Thank you Mylie!  That is some good additions!

 

Peace!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No matter the backdrop or lifestyle choice here there is a core tenant that has to be held very dear by both people. Trust

Without it the relationship is doomed.

If the relationship is based in love, then understand what true love means. Its a state of being where two are as one and you follow each other and lead each other to places you both are excited to be. When you find yourself thinking of your partner and wanting their happiness as well as your own to be as joyous and harmonious as it can be then you are two as one and true love is attainable.

All relationships should evolve. Life is rarely static and its how the differences and events are taken and either dealt with or enjoyed that will give the strength to the relationship. Trust again, and in the case of love, intertwined so that the edges become blurred, what evolves in both people as they grow into each other is the real source of joy..You can feel it, its tangible, it almost takes a life of its own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Leia36 wrote:

No matter the backdrop or lifestyle choice here there is a core tenant that has to be held very dear by both people. Trust

Without it the relationship is doomed.

If the relationship is based in love, then understand what true love means. Its a state of being where two are as one and you follow each other and lead each other to places you both are excited to be. When you find yourself thinking of your partner and wanting their happiness as well as your own to be as joyous and harmonious as it can be then you are two as one and true love is attainable.

All relationships should evolve. Life is rarely static and its how the differences and events are taken and either dealt with or enjoyed that will give the strength to the relationship. Trust again, and in the case of love, intertwined so that the edges become blurred, what evolves in both people as they grow into each other is the real source of joy..You can feel it, its tangible, it almost takes a life of its own.

SO good Leia!  Thank you for sharing!

 

 

 

Peace!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Ladysue Kuhn wrote:

ouch  dont  like  number  5....

 

 

Lady!  (My partner)  If anyone know about how I tick, she does!  Tell me LadySue.  What don't you like about #5?   HEHEH!

 

 

 

Peace!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello 

 

  what an interesting way to put these important qualities.  Thank you!

 

Elizabeth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0