What's going on?!

PinknBlonde

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since yesterday a bunch of weird things have been happening to my avatar and sl connection. All at the same time:

-On MY viewer I appear as a cloud, I rebaked and it only works sometimes. I also cleared the cache.

-I can't teleport to MOST places. It says failed or cannot connect to a simulator.

-It all started when my gestures were acting up, "unable to load"( then a list of gestures) It began when I was playing the gestures in my folder, the ones I didn't know (it was a big pack) then things acted up.

-People take forever to rez, and I take the longest while being a cloud most of the time.

-It logs me out too

EDIT: Ok I unistalled and reinstalled and it's ok for now. Wondering why this happened?

PinknBlonde wrote:

Since yesterday a bunch of weird things have been happening to my avatar and sl connection. All at the same time:

-On MY viewer I appear as a cloud, I rebaked and it only works sometimes. I also cleared the cache.

-I can't teleport to MOST places. It says failed or cannot connect to a simulator.

-It all started when my gestures were acting up, "unable to load"( then a list of gestures) It began when I was playing the gestures in my folder, the ones I didn't know (it was a big pack) then things acted up.

-People take forever to rez, and I take the longest while being a cloud most of the time.

-It logs me out too

EDIT: Ok I unistalled and reinstalled and it's ok for now. Wondering why this happened?

the devil made me do it

Obviously the lab made another improvement after 7 years of this sometimes on and sometimes off experience it is getting very old. Since the last supposed fix logging on is a crap shoot normally resulting in a login then immediate crash to the desktop. Normal procedures seem to fail now such as cleaning the registry totally removing the always fragged cache and non ending disk checks. After all this is game programming fortunately not rocket science or all we would have on Mars is rubble but one would think after all of the time spent since 2003 someone might have a method of qualifying software before it is released

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.