Items being unlisted and/or removed Daily!

Pearl Vollmar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Every day, and I mean, EVERY DAY, when I check my marketplace, I've had at least 10 items unlisted or even removed for being in the wrong category or for key word spam!

I would really like to understand what's going on. Is LL staff going through these listings, or am I right when I have the feeling someone is having a go at me? I have contacted LL through a ticket but haven't got an answer as to what is going on. If they are doing it or someone else.

Putting aside the fact that I think someone is doing this just for fun, if anyone can just flag your item because they see it in the wrong place, forgetting the fact that the MM is borked, or they personaly think that it's wrong or a keyword shouldn't be there or something, it's not fair. How am I to know what each person in SL will think is the correct word or the correct category? Why doesn't LL contact us through email and tell us an item has being flagged and, after looking at the item, tells us what exactly is wrong?  Yes, there have been a few that have some words that someone might fell shouldn't be there, but most of the time I cannot understand why.

I'm tired of this guessing game and it's not fun to have to go through 5-15 items being unlisted daily without knowing exactly what is wrong.

I've been told by LL staff that if your product is flagged twice they remove it.. So here I am, looking at one of my unlisted items and totally lost as to under what category to put it because I feel it WAS in the right category.  So if I put it in in a different category, someone flags it it will be removed because this person has the power to flag my item just like that.

I'm on my way to again file a ticket and ask them exactly under what category I should put them because I'm totally lost. I'm just about going through my listings and putting them all under "everythings else" category and erasing all keywords. Hopefully they'll leave me alone then.

This is what you get when you go to fantasy category. And my fantasy skins with shape, eyes and face tattoo have been unlisted for being in the wrong category. Mine were under fantasy avatars.

Fantasy Listing

Mel fantasy vendor demo.jpg

This may not help but ...

CTL has stated on numerous occassions that NO listings are removed or unlisted until a human being reviews the flag. Thus a human being on the LL staff is responsible for making the determination that an item flag is valid .. and that the product flagged is listed in the wrong category. This also means that only that human being, that LL staffer can state with any certitude that another category would be the proper one.

So, the only response to ANY item removal MUST be an immediate Support Ticket requesting clarification of which category is correct. Once they have received the ticket, they must then spend time replying and stating clearly which is the correct category.

Perhaps after they spend their entire day answering Support Tickets they will demand the Marketplace Devs give them better tools to state which is the correct category when they unlist it in the first place, instead of waiting for the Merchant to file a Support Ticket and multiply their work by a factor of two or more.

"How come there's never enough time to do the job right, but always enough time to do it over?"

Pearl Vollmar wrote:

Thanks Darrius,

I've been filing tickets daily too :-(

You're welcome .. and I do know it's a royal pain in the aaaaa .. umm .. backside. But until the Marketplace Devs actually provide real functional tools to their own people, the daily results of Item Flags will be more clueless removals.

And this is what really bugs me about the whole situation. It's one thing to deny the customers access to useful tools. After all they can easily ignore us just by ignoring the forums, blogs, emails and Support Tickets. But they also ignore their own co-workers.

I don't know what sort of company they work for, but in every position I've ever had, you ignore the person in the cube next to you at your own risk. Not only will you not EVER get any help when you need it, but you might show up to work one day and find your cubicle empty, your computer gone .. and not a soul willing to help find anything. (Not that I ever helped empty someone else's cube .. HONEST! *wink*)

Pearl Vollmar wrote:

But just look at what you get if you, on the main page, choose the fantasy category. It made me laugh out loud here.

HEY! Where's the leather jackets, HD's and "colors"? That's MY fantasy. LOL

Hmm .. 7,217 pages to wade through. Maybe I'll find a motorcycle or two in there somewhere.

The only thing I see that is 'fantasy' catagory is under complete avatars.  The example you gave of Mel Fantasy isn't really a complete avatar since it only comes with  the skin, shape, eyes and lashes.  No hair, clothes or other items are included.  To me a 'complete' avatar is one you can just wear and go, not have to shop for other things.  I would list that under skin and shapes myself.

That is only my opinion, because I note that other less than complete avatars are also being sold in the "complete avatar" category.  Perhaps they just have not been flagged yet. 

The picture you show of what you see when you go to Fantasy is nothing like what I see.  That looks more like a page of all MP items you get when you search by fantasy as a keyword.  I agree that most of those items have nothing to do with Fantasy as I would define it, other than SL being all fantasy.

If you suspect that you are a victim of unfair competitive actions by someone, I would file a ticket and ask them to investigate that stating why you feel you are being targeted.  If you are that is against the MP rules and the person should be dealt with. 

I went from the homepage to the fantasy category on the left, and that's what I got.. shrugs.. no idea why.

I thought about that too, that I should then put it under avatar skin & shape, but then comes someone and flags it because it's not in fantasy? The problem is that I am really lost and even afraid to relist it.

And I did file a ticket and asked them to investigate. I find it really strange that I have 10-15 items flagged every single day. They did not answer that question. They simply told me look under the listing rules and gave me a link to it.

well, if this can help you : 

As someone said already, you cant list it under complete avatar because its not a complete avatar. 

After checking MP categories list, i would have list your item under : Avatar appearance>Avatar component>Avatar Skin and shape combinations>Other avatar bases (or female bases). 

I know its not perfect. and you wont never find the perfect category because there are no perfect categories, never. But at least, i can tell you that its the place i would go and search for products like yours if i was looking for this kind of item.

For the other products you see wrongly listed in fantasy category, just tell you that one day or other they will be flaged and removed too. Anyway, its not a good strategy for the merchants to put their items in wrong list, because when they do this, they are only expecting sales by chance and not by purpose. So its simply a bad calculation. 

Edited : do it under the fantasy community of course :smileywink: there are only 11 items in this page. so you wont be flooded by the other items .

Hmm, Amethyst may be correct.

The product review team might have judged Avatar Skin and Shape Combination > Female Avatar Base was the right category for your Mel Fantasy. It seems Fantasy category needs more sub categories, though.

If also that category is rejected, I will be at a loss too! Good luck!

Yes, I can change them into that category Trinity. Just hope that someone else doesn't have a different opinion and my item gets flagged again and my item, without any warning, gets removed.

I would really like to have a clear statement from LL as to how they go about items that are flagged. My wrong listings and categories have all been so far, honest mistakes. I agree with you that it's not the right strategy to list items in the wrong category or spam with wrong keywords. I'm checking through all my listings right now to see if I copied keywords from another item and forgot to erase one or two which don't belong there.

I had this item under complete fantasy avatars category. It's a petite avatar and that's where all other petites are, but it was flagged under the wrong category. It is now under Avatar Appearance » Complete Avatars » Complete Human Female Avatars with clothing

Now let's wait till someone says that's still not the right one because it's a petite, not a normal sized human avatar.

Petite Goth Avatar

to play devils advocate for a moment...

your "Fior di Perle Mermaid Outfit Blue with Sculpted Tail & Basic Mermaid AO" comes with:

-1 top with seashells and pearls (pearls on the arms and back too)
-1 top with clear arms and back,
- 2 tails dual & single - sculpted tail with prim parts
- hip fins
- back fins
- prim sleeves
- Basic mermaid AO hud
- Aplha layer to hide your feet

yet the key words are: complete avatar, female avatar, skin and shape, skin, shape, eyes, mermaid, fantasy, fish, hairbase,siren, merrow, clam top, seashell top,pearls,seashell,clam,fantasy skin,mermaid AO,betta fish

the bold ones are the ones that i would personally say have nothing to do with that outfit.

Thanks for pointing that out Drake. I'm going through my listings right now. This is one of those cases of me copying from one listing to the other, which I mentioned above was happening. I do have a complete female mermaid avatar which comes with hairbase, skin & shape, eyes and a fantasy skin and I copied it from that one when creating the new listing, and, for whatever reason, forgot to erase.

I did not say all my listings were perfect and I did find some words now and then that I said to myself "what was I thinking?". The case of fish and betta fish for example..  well probably because I used some textures from a rl beta fish picture, but it's still ridiculous.

What I am just wondering is why all of a sudden my listings are being unlisted daily and really, most of them were, to  my mind, not wrong.  Someone must have a lot of time on their hands to be going through each of my listings and looking for possible mistakes.

If you keep looking, you will find others like that Drake, and I am working on correcting them. But whoever is doing it, well, keep on going, it's actually helping to spot where the problems are.

edited to add: All my mermaid stuff corrected. Thanks for pointing those out :-)

I didn't feel you were attacking  me at all. I just wanted to make clear that my point here is not that my listings are perfect.  I just do find strange that suddenly I get it every day.

I cannot find my own products even when I type the right keywords, how can someone be finding me 15 times in one day, every day, and in the wrong category or wrong keywords?

What bothers me is that LL told me that if you list it again after it's been flagged, and it's flagged a second time, they remove the item completely, which has happened to three of my products. I corrected what I thought was wrong (sometimes totally guessing) and bang! It was flagged again and removed.

Pearl Vollmar wrote:

I did not say all my listings were perfect and I did find some words now and then that I said to myself "what was I thinking?". The case of fish and betta fish for example..  well probably because I used some textures from a rl beta fish picture, but it's still ridiculous.

Lol. so for you dont feel ashamed and guilty, let me tell you this is something i ask to myself everyday in my RL job since im librarian and i need to give books or CDs keywords in our database...

And if you check your keywords in 6 monthes you will surely ask yourself the same question.

As i said in another thead, keywords indexation is far from being an exact science. 2 diff persons wont give the same keywords for a same item. And even the same person wont give the same keywords on different days. lol..

The only thing we can do is to try to make this the more conscientiously we can, but there is not perfect indexation.  :smileywink:

Thanks Trinity, it makes me feel better :-)  I'm still laughing about the betta fish though lol

But to give you an example: I made an outfit totally from scratch using a crocodile skin texture. It was flagged in this "new wave" that's hit me under "keyword spam". I checked and found the words "crocodile skin" (together) and I thought.. that must be it.. I'm not selling crocodile skin, it doesn't matter if it's made with crocodile skin. Took that one out because I couldn't find anything else wrong. Just waiting to see what happens.. But you see? It's just guessing. We should have more information so we could correct what is really wrong and not have to guess.

I've just had a good laugh. While checking what came before my mermaid items I found "dog poo"!  I checked the keywords and nowhere did the merchant mention mermaids. But guess what? The name of the store has "mermaid in it. So I won't be surprised my items appear when someone types "pearl" on search. Until LL fixes this kind of thing, no matter how much we correct our keywords, there will always be problems

Pearl Vollmar wrote:

I've just had a good laugh. While checking what came before my mermaid items I found "dog poo"!  I checked the keywords and nowhere did the merchant mention mermaids. But guess what? The name of the store has "mermaid in it. So I won't be surprised my items appear when someone types "pearl" on search. Until LL fixes this kind of thing, no matter how much we correct our keywords, there will always be problems

I go through this when searching for Martian Accessories.  I get returns for every Merchant with the name Martian.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.