Telehub / Infohub Question :)

pixysticks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi!  I own a full prim region and I've made the region group owned land.  I'm trying to set it up in a way that would allow people who are not in my land group to be able to set their home location to my sim if they should choose to do so.  In the past, I was under the impression that this could be done on sims marked as "infohubs" and from doing a little research on the forums I've seen different answers regarding whether an infohub can be in a private region or not.  Some say the land must be owned by Linden Labs while others claim the land can be privately owned.

In each of the posts I've read some people have directly asked:  How can I set my land to an infohub?

The question never seems to be answered, and the only wiki info I can find is about telehubs.  If somebody could point me in the right direction either to a proper wiki (about infohubs) or even maybe walk me through the steps here I would greatly appreciate it. 

My land group is more of a security group, and if at all possible I am trying to avoid putting everybody who needs to set their home locations to my sim within my land group.  Any help or suggestions, are appreciated, and thanked! :)

The SL Glossery defines a info hub as

infohub:A Linden Lab-owned information and social area.
The knowledge base says:

Setting your home and login locations

Home location

There are three types of land you can set as your home location:

• Land you own
  • Land set to group access for a group to which you belong, if you have the necessary ability.
  • Infohubs,

So you will have to create a group to allow people to set their home to your sim, and make it open enrollment with a group joiner at the landing point.

Somehow I find it hard to believe when I open my map I see infohubs everywhere.

Here's an example of one in a Gorean roleplay environment.  Is the sim DaeVa Draught protected linden land in a Gorean roleplay continent?  By the way I'm not affiliated with them at all, just a screenshot example. :)

infohub2.jpg

I mean basically I'm just trying to accomplish what they have.

I have been to places where they parcel off a small portion of the land, a very small portion, and make a group just for that so that people can set that tiny portion as their home.

That way, they would still have your sim as their home but not be a part of your security group. You can make as many groups as you wish (you are limited to belonging to 42 however) just remember a group must have at least two persons in it in order not to be disbanded, you can create an alternate account just for that purpose if you wish (officially no more than 5 per household, although there are many ways around that).  

Thanks for the replies. :)   In another thread it says private regions can be setup as infohubs.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Land/Hello-How-do-i-make-my-land-a-quot-Infohub-quot/qaq-p/1149143

But doesn't explain how.

<EDIT>  So I mean I'm not the only one seeing non-Linden owned land showing up as infohubs, and not the only one trying to figure out how to do it.  Again it seems like nobody will answer this question or doesn't know how.  Maybe I'll need to just ask the Lindens directly.

No it's the sim next to Siba.  I just knew there was an infohub on that continant. :)  The sim is called DaeVa Draught and I circled the infohub on the map. :)

That's not the only place I've found non-Linden owned land set to infohubs, they're scattered around here and there if you pay attention to your map often enough you'll see them. :)

I see infohub symbols all over, but if I am in my Map and uncheck the Infohub check box those symbols do not go away. Usually this is because those are not infohubs but rather just an infohub symbl rezzed above the parcel to make it look like an infohub on the map.

TO the best of my knowledge only Linden owned land can be a true infohub. If you own a private region you need a group with the set home here permission in it for people to set home on the region/parcel.

Sean

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.