[SOLVED] How to find an objects Polygon Count (i.e., "Tris" and/or "vert" counts)?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

*Please note: this question is not about "Land Impact" or "Prim Count"

Hello, I was wondering if anyone would know if this is possible to find an object's polygon count, as in what 3d ap users / game developers look at when showcasing 3d assets?

Polygon counts referring to or relating to the object's tris (triangles) or vert (vertex) count by the way. I'm sifting through the many settings in the viewer and I can not find anything that shows this info.  

The reason I ask is if say a 3d designer makes something in second life that is a mix between prims and mesh (or sculpts) and wants to showcase it to game companies in RL, it is hard to give them this information (poly count) they need to assess- as many may not be familiar with second life and it's "land impact" calculation versus a universal 3d polygon count.

Any knowledgeable insight is greatly apprecated.

I don't know if that's possible, although you can get the viewer to show the amount of triangles drawn somehow. I do wonder if any RL company is in any way interested in a build made with SL prims or sculpties. Just build your objects completely in mesh and you can see what the polycount or vertice count is before uploading.

I think the count in SL wouldn't be of any value because sculpts can only be used in SL and are a polygon nightmare with over 2000 triangles. Even SL prims are more polygon heavy than the equivalent mesh object as far as I know for hollowing and other modifications. For example, an SL box is not 12 triangles but 108. Furthermore, a box is an object you're not likely to encounter in any video game to begin with. Who needs an invisible bottom?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.