Problem with anim - Any better program?

Silykat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.

Im currently making some simple animation for a weapon by using Qavimator, problem is that the animation do not stay fix when i move around my arms wave instead of staying fix

Any reason?

Outside that is there an better program to do animation and that allow to import SL avatar into them ?

Thanks for the answer, i've got daz3d but found not much information on how to import the character in it.

Need to place the xml file somewhere?

As for Qavimator, why when i disable joint limit the game do not count them and stick it to the limit?

So you want your arms to be fixed, like holding a weapon, while you can walk around? But instead they are waving around? I am thinking you need to go back and edit your animation in qavimator and make sure you have moved all the arm joints AND the shoulder joints. If you don't move each joint, SL assumes you are not using the joint and plays the default animations.

You might also need to upload at a higher priority too. You can try uploading at the highest priority and if your arms still swing then I would say you need to move all the arm joints.

• 3 weeks later...

Priority of the animation works in combination with zero joint rotations being ignored, so you need to make sure that all of the joints rotations (x,y,z numbers) are NOT zero. Just make them like.01 or something that works and is not to jittery. Any zero on the joint and the priority system, made to allow you to blend in one animation...say a limb movement, with another animation...say a crouching animation or a walk...I mean, this way your gun animation would only be one arm that points out at shoulder height...just an example. You would then only trigger the arm movement when the gun was ready to be fired or aimed, and you don't have to make a walk animation and crouch to go with that pointing all combined and then started, you just start one after the other and they both work together, no need to make a larger crouch with arm extended to take over from the crouch with arm down....if that makes sense. 

SL thinks you are wanting the arm to NOT be animated if there are zeros on that rotation! Simply make all zero numbers on teh x, y and z of each joints rotation non zero. Say, 0.01 or so, on the joints you want to control with your animation.

If that doesn't take care of it (try it on a static pose before investing the time to a whole animation!) then you may want to look into SL's priority settings, and also maybe the percent in out and time till the animation takes over. Faster time settings (lower number) should make the animation snap instantly to what you made, just adjust these to make it look right...IF that seems to be the issue.

If not adn you still have troubles...wow, I am lost! Uh, not sure. Do you have a standard avatar or a unique one that needs a Animation Overider....uh, like a dog or a dragon that has flapping wings and all that stuff? Then you may need to learn that avatars AO's rotations by putting a normal skin on and removing the mesh or prim/sculpt attachments! Besides that, wow...I can't think of what else to try!

Hhappy animating!

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.