JoelMahla

Help with understanding RLV

What error message are you getting? I'm not too familiar with iControl but I am reasonably experienced with scripting both RLV and furniture, and the two possibilities that occur immediately are that you're trying to sit her on an item without a sit target set (admittedly rather unlikely) or you're using a system that doesn't involve poseballs (nPose or AvSitter, maybe) and there's a megaprim or sim surround or a large sculptie messing things up.

Could either of those be the problem?

I'll second Innula's suggestion of it being a megaprim, typically a sim surround.  I have exactly that issue with one of my products that uses nPose engine and every Christmas when I put out the winter sim surround, nobody can sit on it, or other parts of the shop for that matter (don't ask why staff want to sit on the shop).

I had a customer with the same problem and when I did a housecall, they had a sim surround.

Well we've been playing in the bondage gear at Yggdrasil Castle. I'm an incredible noob at Second Life so I'm not sure if that gear would be considered "MegaPrim or not" That said, she can sit, I just can't force it. I don't get an error message. It posts a message at the bottom of the screen along the lines of "StrictlyKind forces whisper to sit on..."

That said I can't make her sit on a a regular bench or chair either.

Hmm. Depending on which viewer whisper is using, there should be a setting to show RLV debug messages (probably off the RLVa menu on the top toolbar). Please ask her to activate that and then tell you what error message it gives her when you try to force sit her.

And, just to be clear, is this an occasional problem, or can you normally sit her on things but just not these, or is force sit just not working for her at all?

Ask her to check, again from the RLV menu in the viewer, what restrictions she's under. I suspect there's an unsit=n that needs clearing (that would certainly stop force sits from working, anyway).

Or simply try clearing all her restrictions and see if it works then. It sounds to me like a stray restriction hanging around from somewhere.

It should tell you on the Help>About tab, I think.   But if you've got the latest version of Singularity, it should have the most recent version of RLVa, I would think.

If you want to be sure, the simplest way is to ask a friend to IM you with the single word "@version" (no quotes).   If you have RLV activated -- which it is by default, in Singularity, I think -- you won't see the IM but your friend will get a message about what version of RLVa you are using.

Is there a particular reason for your question?  I ask because, if you're having a problem with RLV/RLVa, I don't think (at the moment, anyway) it's likely to be with the version of RLV you're using.

Thanks for pointing out that RLV is no longer just for BDSM and I wish LL would implement it into there viewer, but they point blankly refuse to do so. Old argument, I know.

steph Arnott wrote:

Thanks for pointing out that RLV is no longer just for BDSM and I wish LL would implement it into there viewer, but they point blankly refuse to do so. Old argument, I know.

Personally, as someone who works with RLV and RLVa, I'm glad they're not part of the Official Viewer.    That's because, this way, they don't have to go through LL's quality control process.   It's certainly -- and I speak from experience here -- considerably easier to talk to Marine and Kitty about getting new features or changes implemented in RLV or RLVa than it is to talk to LL about changes to either LSL or the Official Viewer.    

Certainly, RLV and RLVa could continue to be developed independently and adopted by the Official Viewer as and when, but that would -- to my mind -- simply act as a brake on development.     When RLV and RLVa introduce new features in Marine's viewer and Catznip, the two reference development viewers, it's great fun for me to experiment with stuff, but there's no point in my offering items for sale that depend on them until Firestorm adopt the new features.   Add LL and the Official Viewer to the equation, and it's just going to cause more delay and confusion.   One of the reasons I was so glad to see Phoenix finally put out of its misery is that I no longer had to worry about the fact a sizeable minority of my and my business partner's potention market was using a viewer that didn't support RLV features I wanted to use.

AdrianaBeaumont wrote:

Can I have a copy of that script please as it is so annoying changing groups each time I tp from Sim to Sim

Try something like this.   You have to make up your own list of sims and matching groups, but I don't think there's any way round that, or not one that would work for this application.

list SimsAndGroups = [	"name of sim", "name of group"		//... and so on		];default{	state_entry()	{		//llSay(0, "Hello, Avatar!");	}	attach(key attached)	{ //First, a bit of magic		if (attached){ //if my owner has just attached me			llRequestPermissions(attached,PERMISSION_TAKE_CONTROLS);//request PERMISSION_TAKE_CONTROLS		}	}	run_time_permissions(integer permissions)	{		if (permissions & PERMISSION_TAKE_CONTROLS){			llTakeControls(CONTROL_FWD,TRUE,TRUE);//this will keep it running in no script areas, like AOs do			//NB you need to specify TRUE,TRUE because there's an obscure bug that messes up touch events in mouselook if you use FALSE,TRUE		}	}	changed(integer change)	{		if (change & CHANGED_REGION || change & CHANGED_TELEPORT){ //I've changed region			integer n = llListFindList(SimsAndGroups,[llGetRegionName()]);//is the name of the new region on the list?			if (~n){ // shorthand for if (n!=-1) It means, "yes, the name is on the list				//find the next entry, which should be the group name, and change to that group.				llOwnerSay("@setgroup:"+llList2String(SimsAndGroups,(n+1))+"=force");			}		}	}}

My pet/slave and me sometimes can not stand RLV why because I have not Resticted her at all in any of the RLV controls yet she can not IM when RLV is on. That is just one little problem we seem to have with it yes RLV is very good to have but its also so blanked frustation sometimes.

DavidNemesis

I am having a problem with the RLV plug in for the AVSITTER 2.

When the sub sits on the pillow I made and gets trapped on the pillow, when they release themselves, their name lingers on the pillow as the last sitter, I dont know how to fix that.

When the submissive sits on the pillow, they are unable to change their own poses. 

Any help is appreciated thank you!!! 

56 minutes ago, BetYourBippy said:

Any help is appreciated thank you!!! 

Rather then Necroing a thread from seven to three years ago on an unrelated issue, starting your own would have been preferable.

A trapped submissive should normally not be releasing themselves. That they are means they are using their collar to do this (you allowed vanilla?) and not by clicking the pillow and choosing "release". Have your submissive sit back on the pillow, then you click it and choose release.

You could also use ONSIT NONE to turn off the sit trap, so that the sub can sit and stand without capture.

56 minutes ago, BetYourBippy said:

When the submissive sits on the pillow, they are unable to change their own poses. 

If you want them to be able to choose their poses then use SUBCONTROL 1

These are all explained in the manual. https://avsitter.github.io/avsitter2_control.html

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 1

Everything Callum said above.  ^^  Theres a lot of commands you can add to the AVpos notecard to configure what the sub position can and can't do.  A better place for this question would be in the Unofficial AVsitter Support inworld group. secondlife:///app/group/ccd07e24-4fdd-750f-f28f-fadd795d32ca/about