A question on overlay

friscolives

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

One of the problems i've been having involves working with overlay. For example, I am using a template for a white t shirt, and I want to apply a stripped pattern to it, so I copy the layer, then fill the t shirt part with the stripped pattern, then hit overlay so the fabric creases and wrinkles all show through--but for whatever reason it makes the stripped pattern very light. I often end up duplicating the layer repeatedly just to get it darker, Is there something I'm missing here?

it would be usefull you tell what software you are using :smileytongue:

In photoshop you can also add a pattern with other ways, like with the layer style option you have on the bottom of your layer column that looks like "fx". in this one you can clik on the pattern tab and settle the pattern you want (you can get more pattern if you clik the lil arrow just beside your list, and you can even download a lot of new ones on the web)

If you are using photoshop and need more help, contact me inworld, i can give some usefull tricks.

While I an no expert , when you overlay on white, the overlay is going to be lighter or even non-existent. Try using "Multiply" or one of the other options instead of overlay.  Then, if it is too dark, work with the opacity for the layer.

Another option would be  play around the adjustments for the layer from the image menu.

Also, try adding the pattern stripe to your actual T-Shirt layer by adding as an FX rather than a separate pattern fill layer.

You can always  adjust the opacity of your creases/wrinkles as well.  If they are too light,  duplicate your creases/wrinkles layer several times and merge them so wrinkles/creases are much darker/more visible.  This will give you more flexibilty and allows you to adjust the wrinkles/creases layer opacity.   AND, you can actually use this newly created creases/wrinkles layer with flood fill for a light or darker color to match your clothing better and still have the capability to adjust the opacity.

Hope  I understood what you were needing, if not, simply ignore this post.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.